Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2019, 03:52 PM   #1

Sienna Recliners for sale

Grey/black Sienna recliner seats. Comes with universal mounting bases already mounted to them.

$1200/pair (local pick up).

mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:48 PM   #2

These pretty much bolt right into a 2010 E350 Cutaway correct? I am in Canby, So very local
bigdawg1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:25 PM   #3

yes. the mounting bracket creates a flat mounting surface on the bottom of the seat. I have a couple different options for the height of the mount too. I also have one set of adapters for putting these in the driver/passenger seat positions (for an additional cost)
Old 12-02-2019, 10:35 PM   #4

How much for the whole setup with extra brackets? I could pick these up Thursday around lunch time? Feel free to email an invoice if you want these paid for in advance.. I should be in your system, Bought a conversion kit from you last Spring.. dawgllc@gmail.com
bigdawg1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg1974 View Post
How much for the whole setup with extra brackets? I could pick these up Thursday around lunch time? Feel free to email an invoice if you want these paid for in advance.. I should be in your system, Bought a conversion kit from you last Spring.. dawgllc@gmail.com
email sent
Old 12-05-2019, 11:30 AM   #6

Still available.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #7

I realize you have them listed as local pickup, but I might as well ask for shipping cost to NorCal? Zip 95391 with the mounts for driver/passenger please. And my current front seats are both on swivels installed by Sportsmobile Texas. Could these be mounted to those bases? Thx!
leedhambly@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #8

Shipping on this coast usually works out to ~$300-350 for a pair of Sienna seats.

Your current swivel won't work with the Sienna base/seat combo I have. sorry...

(This is not directed at you leedhambly, more like a general statement about the status things...) I get asked about Sienna seats a lot. For several years, I sourced as many seats as I could, manufactured several different styles of mounting bases and sold seats and mounts to customers all over the US and Canada. In mid-'19, the supply of seats got to be unpredictable and middle man after middle man entered the game making seat prices go way up. I could no longer find seats at a reasonable price and, to complicate things further, the supply was very up and down. Sometimes there would be dozens available, sometimes you'd struggle to find one pair (then have to pay dearly for it if you were in a hurry). This made anticipating the inventory of mounts to produce difficult as well. Multiple skus, made in batches to keep costs down was actually quite a strain on cash flow. There were times when we couldn't keep anything in stock and times where parts would sit for weeks. When I took a good hard look at the numbers, I found that Sienna seats and mounts were not bringing in the return that I wanted for the amount of effort they were requiring. It was time to focus efforts somewhere else. Simple economics...and a little bit of Pareto's law.

Therefore, this pair of seats listed here, plus another pair that I plan to take out of my van once my new Scheel-Mann seats arrive, will be the last Sienna seats I will deal with. The "short" mounts that are already on this pair of seats pictured, the used "tall" mounts I have in my '$hit that takes up space in the shop' pile, the "tall-angled" mounts already mounted to the other pair of seats and two sets of Eseries driver/passenger fixed (non-swivel) adapters are everything left in inventory. Once it's gone, it's gone. I am moving on and someone else can carry the Sienna seat torch.

Old 12-07-2019, 11:01 AM   #9

Appreciate the reply - and it’s always interesting to learn a little more about the economics of running a small business in a fairly niche market. For us the swivels are a deal-breaker, but hoping someone else can pick those up put them to good use!
leedhambly@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedhambly@mac.com View Post
Appreciate the reply - and it’s always interesting to learn a little more about the economics of running a small business in a fairly niche market. For us the swivels are a deal-breaker, but hoping someone else can pick those up put them to good use!
It's a very niche market. There's lots of opportunity but some things yield better results than others. I've got nothing against the seats, I think they're awesome and, for the money, pretty hard to beat considering the quality, integrated belts, sleep-tastic recliner action... I can't spend the majority of my day tripping over dollars to chase pennies though.