Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2021, 06:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatmorefish View Post
Something to try before applying fresh glue and avoiding a potential mess is to try to reactivate the old glue with an iron. Try it on about medium heat, be sure to use some fabric between the iron and your fabric so you don’t accidentally burn it. I’ve had success with this before.
You can reactivate Weldwood for several hours. We do it with a heat gun. You have to very careful to not to melt the foam or fabric. Run some tests on scraps to learn how to keep things from melting.

pjtpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:41 PM   #12

I'd contact SMB and see what they recommend.
dat2ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:20 PM   #13

Garage
We had some bubbles develop in our SMB ceiling carpet within a short time after delivery. When I contacted SMB West, they told me they would correct the problem. I drove to Fresno in September and they used a steam cleaner to re-glue the carpet and force out the bubbles. The process took less than 2 hours. After 3 months, so far so good. You might contact Peter at SMB West for more in formation about the procedure and its effectiveness in older builds and more extreme separation. As you can see, it was not an enormous problem in our van at this point, but I’m bookmarking this thread in anticipation of future issues after the warranty expires (just in case ...).
Attached Thumbnails
ceiling # 1.jpg   ceiling # 3.jpg   ceiling #2.jpg  

2019 Transit 350 HR Eco Quigley 4X4
“Vandemic”
Charliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote