Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #1

SOLD* 1997 Ford RB E350 7.3 diesel camper van & EXTRAS *SOLD

-For Sale: 1997 Ford RB E350 7.3 diesel camper van, highly customized, many extras

SALE PENDING!

• VIN 1FTJE34F6VHA35513. Ground up stealth camper build with extensive modifications including 630 watts of solar, 4 AGM batteries, 6000 BTU 93% efficient furnace, and 6000 BTU Energy Star AC. NOT a Sportsmobile. Gets great mileage and tows well.

• 7.3 PowerStroke turbo diesel, 2WD, automatic transmission, cruise control, tilt wheel, manual locks, manual windows, full floating rear end

• 124,xxx miles, no engine performance mods, runs strong with no known operational issues. Maintenance is up to date, with no oil or fuel leaks. Very simple and reliable.

• Like new interior, rated an 8-9 out of 10. Exterior looks new at 20 feet, has dings and paint chips and is rated a 6 out of 10 overall

• Asking $8,900 and comes with MANY expensive camping accessories

• Located in Hutchinson, KS. My email is caseyswarts@hotmail.com and I’m available most evenings. My home phone is 620.669.8472

• A few more photos are located in my gallery

• Many photos https://picasaweb.google.com/1069527...eat=directlink

• Video http://youtu.be/aq8k3V__jCQ

• Document with all the details https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Key design goals
• Simple, stealthy Class B buildout
• Built to tow and support a travel trailer
• Easy to maintain, long life with diesel engine
• Great for winter camping
• Light weight and agile
• Well insulated with nice cabin AC and ducted heat
• Highly efficient systems with sophisticated energy capabilities

I purchased this van 4 years ago. After 600 hours and over $21,000 invested, I now have the van of my dreams. Only, my dreams have changed and it is now for sale. It is a fun and capable, customized Class B motorhome ideal for 2 people, great for towing and supporting a mid-size travel trailer. It also doubles as an excursion vehicle that’s a blast to camp in. Compact, with everything you need. The bed folds up into a belted bench seat for short jaunts with an extra passenger.

This is a 2WD 1997 Ford E350 Econoline 7.3 diesel cargo van. It is NOT a Sportsmobile, however I threw on a Sportsmobile bra and stickers because I like Sportsmobiles. I have it insured as an RV as it has all the equipment needed to qualify as one. The bed can be mostly removed for hauling large objects. This design is easy to modify should you desire to.

This van has extensive modifications, can pull a trailer easily, can power your travel trailer, transfer water to your travel trailer, and has a large amount of storage under the bed. It currently has a rear sliding storage pod, which can easily be removed for towing. It comes with a variety of high quality camping accessories, including one of the rarest and best 12V fridge/freezers ever made, the Coleman Free Piston Stirling Cooler.

The van does NOT have factory air conditioning. I added a well-optioned Energy Star window air unit (even has defrost) that runs while in motion for cooling. Not having factory AC makes the engine easier to work on, and keeps the engine bay a bit cooler. The 6000 BTU AC keeps up when driving in the summer heat and the upgraded alternator and wiring keeps everything humming along nicely. The van can run the AC easily for over an hour without the engine running, just off batteries alone.

Thanks for looking, -Casey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-001.JPG (146.7 KB, 945 views)
File Type: jpg 2-001.JPG (127.2 KB, 945 views)
File Type: jpg 3-001.JPG (111.3 KB, 945 views)
CaseyS is offline   Reply With Quote