Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2019, 09:23 PM   #81

$32000 image 1 of 7 < >

This has the 4 captains chairs but... Its a chevy, gas and not a 4x4.

robertg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:09 AM   #82

Thoughts on this one?? It's a 5.4L, and that makes me nervous living at 9,000 feet. It is less money and more amenities than the other one I'm considering. Looks clean.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...901408316.html
spencerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:07 AM   #83

The biggest problem with that one is the 4x4 conversion was done by someone who has a terrible reputation. If you get it, make sure to take it to a reputable shop to have it checked out.

The 5.4 will struggle more at your altitude than the other motors. I would at least get a v10.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:13 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerm View Post
Thoughts on this one?? It's a 5.4L, and that makes me nervous living at 9,000 feet. It is less money and more amenities than the other one I'm considering. Looks clean.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...901408316.html
Good looking rig. Not a Sportsmobile, if that matters. It looks like a GTRV but seller does not say it is.

Need to know who did the 4x4 conversion.
Need to know what gear ratios.
Likely 4R75 transmission - was any strengthening fond at rebuild?
Front / Rear bumpers - do not look to be Aluminess. Is aluminum or steel (weight)?
Heater? Battery bank? No Solar?
Old 06-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #85

Potential Solution looking back to your original post and needs-

First- buy the red 2012 High top V10 for sale here on the forum. Yep, it is 2wd but you can finish it out and add 4x4 later. If you need a tow vehicle.

Second - Buy a newer 21ft Lance four season trailer for $28k range and live in that.

You are under budget and far more comfortable.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:58 PM   #86

We ended up working out our living situation. Now we are just looking for a van to use for adventure, not full time living. We will use it for bike trips, river trips, ski comps, soccer tournaments........ and the list goes on.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:06 AM   #87

The search continues..... I tried to buy the van in Bend, but we can't agree an a price. I had no idea this would be this difficult.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #88

Because it can be so difficult, when you find the right one, you have to make it happen. Between timing, features and location it can be nearly impossible to get exactly what you want. When you then factor in price, it becomes extremely difficult.

Also, you are trying to buy at the height of camping season, so many people aren't selling or are getting a lot of interest. If you can wait until the fall, your options will likely be better.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:27 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
Because it can be so difficult, when you find the right one, you have to make it happen. Between timing, features and location it can be nearly impossible to get exactly what you want. When you then factor in price, it becomes extremely difficult.

Also, you are trying to buy at the height of camping season, so many people aren't selling or are getting a lot of interest. If you can wait until the fall, your options will likely be better.
That's a great point.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:45 PM   #90

Ok, I have a line on a 2000 V-10. It is low miles and a nice build. Should I be concerned about the 4R100 transmission? Are the early year V10 motors good? I'm totally new to the V10 world.