Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #11

It’s actually like 5-10 minutes to remove them once you get the hang of it! [emoji3] Eight 10mm cap nuts, three Phillips screws for the latch attachment to the door, run a utility knife between the door and the frame to break the butyl seal, and then carefully pry the frame away from the door. Tools: cordless drill with a 10mm and a Phillips bit, utility knife, small flat pry bar. The hardest part is if the rear doors have panels on on them you have to get access to the door cavity to get the hinge mounting plates that are only accessible from inside the door cavity. [emoji35]

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 01:53 PM   #12

Skip the knife. I use a plastic pry tool and just work around the frame until I get an inch of room. Then I just peel the window off the door. Warm sunny day I can get one off quickly. Cold days at junkyard I just hope the window is facing the sun to help otherwise it needs a little more effort.

A knife runs a risk of scratching something I don't want to scratch.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:34 PM   #13

@motovan_mn It was on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/12439992030...MAAOSwILlfkJW6 is one of them that I saw, There are more listed but they say 92-95 only (I thought the 92-2014 all had the same barn doors in the rear? )
kalabaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:37 PM   #14

@E-350, BrianW, and Simplesez, Thanks for the tips on doing the swap! make me think I should bring a long extension cord and my heat gun to remove it. But in Socal right now so hopefully anything I find will be warm enough to take off easily.
kalabaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalabaddon View Post
@motovan_mn It was on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/12439992030...MAAOSwILlfkJW6 is one of them that I saw, There are more listed but they say 92-95 only (I thought the 92-2014 all had the same barn doors in the rear? )
Thanks, I think I came across that some one. I wonder if it's because Ford only made the pop out windows during those years?
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 11:11 AM   #16

I bought my window frames (2 rear and side 40) at a u-pull for $7/ea including all hardware. All the glass was shattered; but since it's actually very hard to find the privacy tinted windows, it was easier to buy replacement glass off eBay for ~$75/ea anyhow. The thing I found hardest to source was the OEM plastic surrounds with the lowered section in the middle for the popout mechanism.
Kibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 02:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalabaddon View Post
Hey all.
I got the normal non moving windows and I am looking to get the rear door windows replaced with pop out ones. I am happy to even find one but a set of 2 would be awesome! Is anyone selling them or know where I can find some ( I checked ebay but they only seem to have the raw glass without any hardware. I assume the hardware is pricy if new so not sure how helpful just the glass will be?)

Anyways shoot me a response if you got anything for sale!

Thanks!
Hi kalabaddon,
Did not happen to notice your location in the thread, but if you are San Francisco area local. I can hook you up with a complete set of 2 rears. Not too keen on shipping if you're not close though. You request is motivating me to clear some space in the garage. For that matter, anybody else in the SF bay area interested, PM me.
Thanks.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:52 PM   #18

econoline rear pop-outs

I have several sets of factory rear pop outs-I have sold on both this forum and e-bay. Ebay seller ID o-spike. I get $350 for a complete set includes boxing and shipping.
Thanks, Jim
Idi turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 05:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idi turbo View Post
I have several sets of factory rear pop outs-I have sold on both this forum and e-bay. Ebay seller ID o-spike. I get $350 for a complete set includes boxing and shipping.
Thanks, Jim

Jim, curious how you handle packing these to have them ship without breaking? Any tips? Thanks.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 07:50 AM   #20

I make a frame-24x28 of 1x4's and 1/8 plywood sides-never had any problems
Idi turbo is offline   Reply With Quote