Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2023, 07:46 PM   #1

WTT VW Syncro for E350

I'm getting ready to sell some stuff to buy a fullsize van and build out a 4x4 hitop camper, thought I throw this up and see if anyone was thinking about doing the opposite. Ideally a 6.0 Diesel E350 4x4 van w/ hightop, but will consider 7.3 or 6.8 E250 2wd. The interior doesn't matter to much to me. Cash up or down depending on vehicles.

Anyways, details on my van...

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro, pop top installed by Country Homes Campers when new. 245k miles.

2 knob syncro, has selectable rear locker and decoupler.
Transmission was rebuilt 25k miles ago by AA Trans, taller and stronger 3rd & 4th gears installed at that time.
Has a subaru 2.5 from a 2019 impreza installed by North Westy, motor had 19k miles on it and another 25k since installation.
Water Pump and timing belt replaced at installation, so about 60k miles until next service.
About 2" lift, 225/75r16 duratracs (70% tread) on mercedes aluminum rims with matching spare.
Upgraded front brakes.
Toyotomi diesel heater, 100aH house battery and 100w solar on roof. Had 300w previously but it made the roof difficult to lift.
Fiamma awning.
Homemade bench and storage, rear seat fold down to almost queen size bed.
Custom front and rear bumpers, rocker protection and front to rear skidplates.
Swing out tire carrier and rear cargo/fuel tank carrier.

I have driven this from Alaska to Belize, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Very reliable.

I also have available a 1978 GMC Royale Motorhome as trade fodder. You know, the EM-50 from Stripes.

I value the Syncro at $35k and the GMC at $20k.

Located in the Pacific Northwest, near Spokane, WA.

kbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 07:54 PM   #2

Nice toys! I saw your other post as well. I don't follow buses as much as I ussed to but I would think a Syncro would sell very quickly outright unless things have changed drastically in the last few years.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 08:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Nice toys! I saw your other post as well. I don't follow buses as much as I ussed to but I would think a Syncro would sell very quickly outright unless things have changed drastically in the last few years.

Thanks! Cheers!!!

I hope it will sell well, but I've grown tired of tire kickers. I guess I'll find out.
kbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote