Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2022, 05:41 PM   #1
Site Team

Dragonfly Energy going public

Received this by email today.
----------------------------------------------------
Dragonfly Energy, a Leading Energy Storage Company, to Publicly List on Nasdaq through Business Combination with Chardan NexTech Acquisition 2 Corp.
  • Dragonfly has entered into a definitive business combination agreement with Chardan NexTech Acquisition 2 Corp. (Nasdaq: CNTQ); upon closing, the combined company will be listed on the Nasdaq under the new ticker DFLI.

• Dragonfly has a track record of top line growth and has produced 17 quarters of profitability. 2021 revenue and adjusted EBITDA were $78 million and $8.7 million, respectively, both representing an 80+% CAGR since 2018.

• Pro forma enterprise value of the combined company is expected to be approximately $500 million. All Dragonfly shareholders will roll 100% of their equity holdings into the new combined company.

• Funding to support the business combination includes $128 million cash from trust (assuming no redemptions), a $75 million senior secured term loan for which Energy Impact Partners is lead arranger and a $5 million equity investment from CNTQ's Sponsor. The transaction is further supported by a $150 million Chardan Equity Facility (ChEFTM).

• Dragonfly intends to use the proceeds from the transaction to accelerate the market penetration of its existing business and commercialize its proprietary and patented All-Solid-State-Battery technology that will dramatically reduce reliance on the power grid.

https://dragonflyenergy.com/investors/

Old 05-16-2022, 08:09 PM   #2

Broncohauler, do you know what app a person can use to buy and sell stocks with having to pay transaction fees and other charges to a broker? Like say i wanted 50 shares of CNTQ but didnt want to pay a broker to arrange that purchase, or i wanted to sell those shares and not pay a brokerage firm for selling them?
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:45 PM   #3

Pretty sure Robinhood will let you do that.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:24 AM   #4

This forum was not where I was expecting to get my energy news. Broncohauler, are you affiliated? I'm very surprised to see a SPAC go through after the last couple of years.
maxswasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:44 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxswasser View Post
This forum was not where I was expecting to get my energy news. Broncohauler, are you affiliated? I'm very surprised to see a SPAC go through after the last couple of years.
No affiliation. I posted this info (in the Campfire section) because a number of people use Dragonfly lithium batteries in their RVs, therefore of potential interest to this community, as this may impact, positively or negatively, the availability of those batteries.
Old 05-18-2022, 08:29 PM   #6

Does this mean Battleborn is going public? Are they one in the same? I was under the impression dragonfly was the OEM version of Battleborn.
Santa Cruz, CA
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote