Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2022, 09:25 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff94598 View Post
I think it looks interesting. I just ordered it from the link mentioned above. When it arrives I will put it to use and let you know how it works.

Jeff
I'm curious to hear your report-out.

Herb

Old 03-12-2022, 11:37 AM   #12

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff94598 View Post
I think it looks interesting. I just ordered it from the link mentioned above. When it arrives I will put it to use and let you know how it works.

Jeff
I'm also curious what you think.

Did you order the 'regular' version or the 'monsoon' version? If you weren't aware, the monsoon has a stronger pump system increasing gpm water flow.
Old 03-13-2022, 10:03 AM   #13

I saw this at the Overland Expo East last fall and was intrigued since, as mentioned, I put my own together. I thought it was a good idea, nice and compact for storage. It can be adapted to suit most of your needs, fresh or recycled water, heated or not. FYI, recycling is to get the water to the proper temperature, not to reuse while showering.
Old 03-15-2022, 03:28 PM   #14

I ordered the monsoon version.
Jeff94598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 09:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlParr View Post
FYI, recycling is to get the water to the proper temperature, not to reuse while showering.
Actually, the FAQ says the water is reused:

Quote:
Are you showering in your own dirty water?

Yes. EverShower gives you the option to keep using the same water for as long as you like. You can easily replace the water anytime, even mid-shower, to rinse, or not until the end of the next person’s shower, in remote desert situations, for example. A long, hot, guilt-free shower in the middle of the desert, staring up through the steam at the stars would have to be one of the most amazing experiences which most people would never get to enjoy.

If you have plenty of fresh water available EverShower can be set to run on continuous fresh water just like any regular shower.
When set to recycle, however, the EverShower is fully self-contained (no grey-water on the ground and no standing in the dirt).
With this method it’s obviously not wasting water but it’s also not wasting the energy required to heat the water. Recycling heated water means much of the heat is retained.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:05 AM   #16

We have had excellent results with a 4.7g Big Kahuna shower (https://bigkahunashowers.com/shop/47...ortable-shower) and a small privacy tent. We usually set it next to the open barn doors on a common RV polypropylene patio mat. The water disappears easily and your feet stay clean. It takes a few minutes to heat the water first, but in the end it's almost like a shower at home. You can't do an inside shower, but for that we do a variation of the 'navy shower' with wipes. I converted the cigarette style plug to Anderson PowerPoles.
Econoliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:15 PM   #17

I meant we do not reuse dirty water with the one I have. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Has anyone seen, or used, this self contained stand-up shower called Evershower?

Seems like an interesting concept to gain a stand-up shower that is not permanently installed. It has some compromises from a traditional RV shower, but it packs up and you can use it inside or outside.

https://evershower.com/#home

Herb
Mine arrived shortly after I ordered it, I then gave it a try in the backyard, ( with diesel here in California $6.50 a gallon), and it worked great for about 10 minutes. Then the impeller on the pump gave out. Everything else was very well made and unit had enough room for me, I'm 6' 3".
Vandoit was very helpful and sent me a replacement pump in just a few days. I tried it again this weekend and let the pump run for 30 minutes. They have changed the impeller system in the new pump. So I would recommend it. It only took less then 2 gallons of water to run and the water stayed warm the entire test time frame. Easy to set up and take down. Also very easy to have a second source of water for a final rinse with only clean water.
Attached Thumbnails
Evershower.jpg  
Jeff94598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 05:23 PM   #19
Site Team

Thank you for the feedback Jeff. How was the water flow?

Herb
Old 04-05-2022, 05:29 PM   #20

There's just no way I'm not falling over in that thing naked & wet, yelling for my wife to come get me out