Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #11

Re: Must go where in CO and Utah??

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnjim
Thanks guys you all Rock!

I'm going to sit down over a beer or two and figure out a plan.

Leave trailer here, go in for two nights and BLM camp and ride, back to trailer etc...

Thanks guys!

Jim
First post for me, but I love to share the cool places here in CO ;-) This is the best time of year to see CO -- we go to Utah when it starts to cool off.

I hear the Grand Mesa area just outside of Grand Junction is very nice this time of year, especially since the desert below is much hotter! Might be a good place to explore in the cool...

I love the Crested Butte area. Kebler Pass is dirt but a good Colorado representation of high country. Up Coal Creek from Crested Butte is some nice places to boondocks. Loop around Paradise Divide to Schofield Pass Road for some nice scenery. Schofield Pass Northbound has some very tough spots for a big vehicle like yours. If you have questions on any of the other passes there

You could swing South to Gunnison and go either to Lake City or Ouray. Lots to see up there. If you're decent with your 4x4 skills you could go up either Cinnamon or Engineer passes. Don't take the Engineer Pass Road into Ouray, but rather Silverton unless you like seriously rough road!

There's a whole bunch of other places. You might want to post your intended route and let others fill in cool spots along the way...

later,
jan

janliness is offline   Reply With Quote