Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2015, 11:51 AM   #21

Re: I haven't been here a lot lately...

Curious, where did you find the downtime to post? Van in the shop for some restoration?

joey2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2cool
Curious, where did you find the downtime to post? Van in the shop for some restoration?
At work...duh! Lol j/k

I got a little hurt at the Baja 500 and have been going crazy laying in bed!

I should be adding more pics after 4th of July.
Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
Nice stuff for sure.....been down to lone rock on Powell a few times, both with the boat and the rig, we keep our boat in storage close to bullfrog marina, so we mostly stay on the northern part of the lake between bullfrog and Escalante, with a trip to rainbow bridge if we're with newbies, we try and get out there as much as we can, at least 2-3X a season, fall is the best. We've been going to Powell for years, would be fun to get a trip together, both on/off the water, great area to run some trails, we've done burr, hole in the rock trail, flint trail from Hite through Hans flat and out, tons of spur trails from there. Headed back in August for a few weeks, I'll see about posting a meet up.....
I would love to meet up with you in August! I'll be at Lone Rock from 7/16-7/23.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
Chris, great pics and adventures!

You have more off-road and 4-wheeling experience than just about anyone out there. I mean, who else has raced Supercross, X Games, Baja, King of the Hammers... just to name a few. Your endorsement ("That was the best money I ever spent on a modification.") means a lot to us - thank you!

Now for the rest of you - "Don't try this at home!"

We have a few customers that really use our TTB system hard, I mean really hard - we know who you are!

We've found that some people beat the hell out of "our" vans, just because they can, without beating the hell out of themselves!
I'd be way easier on "your" van if you'd make the rear end work like the front end! LOL

Actually, there is a fine line between abuse and using it to it's potential. After all these trips I still have to pound the highway quite a bit to get home...and always towing.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:02 PM   #25

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
Chris, great pics and adventures!

You have more off-road and 4-wheeling experience than just about anyone out there. I mean, who else has raced Supercross, X Games, Baja, King of the Hammers... just to name a few. Your endorsement ("That was the best money I ever spent on a modification.") means a lot to us - thank you!

Now for the rest of you - "Don't try this at home!"

We have a few customers that really use our TTB system hard, I mean really hard - we know who you are!

We've found that some people beat the hell out of "our" vans, just because they can, without beating the hell out of themselves!
I'd be way easier on "your" van if you'd make the rear end work like the front end! LOL

Actually, there is a fine line between abuse and using it to it's potential. After all these trips I still have to pound the highway quite a bit to get home...and always towing.
We have never had a failure. I beat on mine really hard and haven't found the limits yet. Biggest problem I have is all the cabinet drawers and contents fly out when I'm railing it through the sand dunes laughing at my friends in their Jeep JKs try to keep up.

Brent tried to keep up with his "Chopper" to get video but that didn't go so well - I wish it had, I was laughing so hard.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge

This one deserves an explanation. Tell the truth now.
charlie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:20 PM   #27

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie56
This one deserves an explanation. Tell the truth now.
I'm thinking 2wd rental Jeep and no common sense.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:59 AM   #28

Those tires don't look like they would help much either.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:03 AM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallDee
Those tires don't look like they would help much either.
Hey, at least the guy was trying to hit the ditch at an angle and not straight on. There's a lot to be said for learning to wheel in someone else's rig (if it is a rental).

Or, maybe the Jeep is pulling the van...

Herb
Old 06-24-2015, 08:57 AM   #30

I would like to make some smarta$$ quip like "No snow, no water, no point." But quite frankly you sand-SMB'ers intimidate me. So, I don't want to piss you off...
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote