Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2022, 10:18 AM   #11
pod

In the Bishop/Lone Pine area, check out highway 168 east towards white mountain. If you take the white mountain exit up there, you can keep headin up into the cooler air and find some spots with great views of the sierras.

pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 09:06 AM   #12

BillWillson,
Sorry to hear about the health news, so I just thought I'd share a little something.
Three years and 107 days ago, March 28th 2019, I was told by my Dr. that I hat NUT carcinoma. Wtf is that I thought? I made the mistake of googling it. Just sat there in my Sportsmobile, The Beast, and didn't know what the F just happened. Four different oncologists told me it was the rarest and most lethal solid tumor known and that, basically, if I got to see Christmas that year I should be happy. Only two out of 400 people who've ever been diagnosed with it have died, 99.5% lethal and there are no protocols to treat it. I thought, "Well screw that, I've always been an Eternal Optimist and considered myself the Luckiest Man in the World ". Sure, six operations in my face, radiation, chemo and a feeding tube sucked, but....the other option sucked more.
Well needless to say I'm writing this today so things didn't work out quite the way they thought 😁. I've felt like shit for three years, and still do parts of most days, but I was good enough to be able to pack up the Beast in February and me and my Boston Terrier Otis hit the road. Two months traveling again! Fishing every day and meeting more great, interesting and inspiring people each day. I had another clear cancer screen three months ago and if I'm here next March 28th I'll have outlived 98% of people with this and in 2 years, 2024 I'll be better off than 99.5% of anyone that's had this disease. I truly am the Luckiest Man in the World.
Keep up Hope my friend, things can change quickly and good things can happen to good people.
Peace,
Dave
Dhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 09:43 AM   #13

Congrats, Dave!
SMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 09:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMB123 View Post
Congrats, Dave!
Ditto ..................
posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote