Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2021, 10:17 PM   #1

And why are my pics turning ?

Time to stop before frustration takes over....
Was my pic attached?
Attached Thumbnails
A635096A-4536-4EAE-9B8A-D3A935077B54.jpg  

Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 02:44 AM   #2
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Queenie! I asked the same questions a few years ago...and Scotty nailed it! Its caused by age...lololol. I am not of the computer/picture/phone era and am doing the best for an old guy lol...so Scotty's humor was much appreciated and I STILL laugh when I see sideways pictures on the Forum...which I STILL do on occasion...its the 'size' of the picture when you load it...try it smaller and I THINK it will turn the way you want...but I am sure there will be a tech guru to teach us all (again)...don't get frustrated (though)..the crew on here can solve anything...best to try here first b/4 frustrations leaves you with bald spots
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:41 AM   #3

Garage
If you want Pic’s to show up in correct orientation:
1. “CROP” them first (1/8” is all that is needed)
2. SAVE”
3. Then post
It works 100% of the time.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:18 AM   #4

If you are using a modern phone to take the pictures, and you are rotating the phone, it could be metadata. The phone writes extra information into the picture, including the orientation of the phone when the picture was taken. Picture viewers seeing the metadata saying "The phone was sideways when this was taken" will then rotate the picture so it appears correctly, but the actual picture itself will be sideways. When you upload a picture like that to a forum like this, the metadata won't be there for the browser, and the picture will not be rotated by the browser, and so will be "wrong". When you edit the picture, the editing software (either on your PC or on the backend of the web site) will apply the rotation to the data and make the picture "right" intrinsically.
If you have decent photo editing software, you can have it a) apply the rotation to the actual data and b) strip out all the metadata (which can include location - do you really want anybody seeing this forum to be able to find out where you park that nice, expensive rig while you are at work?).
Wowbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:47 AM   #5

Lol!!! Thanks for the support!
Old 01-30-2021, 10:52 AM   #6

Another option is to post from the Tapatalk app on a smartphone. Added benefit is no ads.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:55 AM   #7

I will check that out. Thanks
Old 01-31-2021, 02:56 AM   #8
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
See Queen, Pure genius on here as always...I am sure we could get good/trusted advice from concrete to proper hamster care....and the SMB stuff of course...lol
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:58 AM   #9
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Maybe a bit late here---the resident geniuses (geniuii? ) seem to have solved this BUT having photos or images displayed on most any message board is dependent on your image size, more importantly its height to width size.

These boards like images that are 800 pixels wide by 600 tall---if your image is taller than wide it will default to that orientation. If cropping an image gives the wider final size that's the main reason.

Sometimes we can't resize or crop an image to that display orientation and it has to be "sideways". Some sites---but not many--do allow a poster to edit their images once its uploaded, generally most do not though.

Hope this helps---and hope I'm NOT in error!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote