Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2023, 07:26 PM   #1

Help finding a part number

I need help finding these "silly" clips. They're on the rear and side doors to hold the Passenger model trim around the windows. The only reference I have found is in the workshop manual under the trim removal section it says to "pull to release from the trim retainer clips" which is too ambiguous to search for. I haven't found them on any parts diagram. They just don't seem to exist.

As a side note, I'm so frustrated with the shitty parts diagrams for these vans. I'm coming from the Land Rover world where I have a book with over 1200 parts diagrams listing every part used on every iteration of the vehicle. That doesn't mean the part is available, but at least having a part number is a start!
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20230510_204117627.jpg  

The_Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 10:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vermonster View Post
I need help finding these "silly" clips. They're on the rear and side doors to hold the Passenger model trim around the windows. The only reference I have found is in the workshop manual under the trim removal section it says to "pull to release from the trim retainer clips" which is too ambiguous to search for. I haven't found them on any parts diagram. They just don't seem to exist.

As a side note, I'm so frustrated with the shitty parts diagrams for these vans. I'm coming from the Land Rover world where I have a book with over 1200 parts diagrams listing every part used on every iteration of the vehicle. That doesn't mean the part is available, but at least having a part number is a start!
I just went to FordPartsGiant and put in my own model year. They are at the top of the list.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...html?pnc=25612

Ford F2UZ-1625612-ARetainer - Moulding
1992-2019 Ford F2UZ1625612A
posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 10:35 PM   #3

Perhaps a starting point

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/bo...anel-7826619-1
E-350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 07:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by posplayr View Post
I just went to FordPartsGiant and put in my own model year. They are at the top of the list.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...html?pnc=25612

Ford F2UZ-1625612-ARetainer - Moulding
1992-2019 Ford F2UZ1625612A

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-350 View Post

Thank you both. The frustrating thing is that both of your links say the part will fit my vehicle, But that part doesn't show up if I start with putting my vehicle in. The first link even has completely different categories than if I put my vehicle in. I guess I need to check different model years from now on.

Again, thanks. I'm glad it's a reasonable price too.
The_Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:47 AM   #5

I used google with words close to what I thought it’s called, then scrolled pictures until I found it :-)
E-350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 05:48 AM   #6

I'm blown away that these are actually still available. I wonder if it's just new old stock. Since Ford doesn't made the window vans anymore I wouldn't think they would make those. They have stopped making a lot of the trim for the older vans and salvage yards are your only option.

That said, salvage yards are full of late model passenger vans and these clips are all the exact same. I'd try that first if you have any yards close to you. I doubt they would even charge you for them.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote