Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2016, 09:53 AM   #2161

Garage
Raptor Lined my rockers, wheel wells, Propane Tank, and Bumpers. That and
spent about 10 hours prepping my top for new paint. After getting it all prepped I think I am now going to just color match the top with raptor liner instead of painting it. It will be a lot cheaper for materials,I can do it myself, and it will be much more durable offroading with all the trees that are bound to hit this high top. At first I was worried about the texture of the raptor liner not being the same as well as the color and it looking more homemade and not as seamless. But after seeing all the little spider cracks that develop in the fiberglass I think the Raptor Liner will be much more ideal up there and it can flex so I wont develop those cracks again. I will just end up shooting the top at a higher pressure (around 120) to get a smoother look. I shot the bottom at about 80 so its not as rough as a truck bed and love the look. Just that one thing really transformed the van and made it not look 20 years old.

nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:56 AM   #2162

Garage
Finished Product (minus the top):

Old 11-22-2016, 10:02 AM   #2163

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirehead View Post
but the latest is that my baby got some new shoes. K02's all around including the spare.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:05 AM   #2164

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post

Nice job. Any flexible parts in there you raptor-lined? I'm thinking about it for my Bushwacker flares. Thoughts?
Old 11-22-2016, 10:43 AM   #2165

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post

Nice job. Any flexible parts in there you raptor-lined? I'm thinking about it for my Bushwacker flares. Thoughts?

The bottom of my bumpers are plastic and I have done other bumpers that are completely plastic and its worked great. You will have no issues with bushwackers. Just scuff it up good with a sander and around 220/320 grit paper or a red scotchbrite pad.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:37 PM   #2166

Those CO plates and palm trees have me weirded out.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:24 PM   #2167

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post
Looks awesome.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 07:17 PM   #2168

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaurie View Post
I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a set of 102" ATS running boards for my 03 SMB EB. Has anybody done an install on these? I understand they need to be cut down to fit.
SMB cuts them to 96" for a total length of roughly 99" with endcaps.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:29 PM   #2169

Stereo installed and a bunch more stuff on the way!

Well I have been working a lot, and needed to work on a few things in the van. I am planning a big trip in the spring but I have a few things that I really need to get done in order to make it work for work off and on for the next few months.
I did get this installed this weekend.

I am pretty stoked because this stereo has Android Auto and can also act a s a media player for the whole Van. I have to do a few more things to it to get the full functionality out of it. this is the Head unit i Installed.
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX -- DVD Player, Android Auto, or Apple Carplay it also has an SD card reader and a 7 inch plus screen. It has a lot of other features as well but those are the main ones I am going to be using. The screen is big enough the passenger seat and second row could watch movies.
If you are installing it in an Econoline (mine is a 98) you will need a few other things.
Metra 44-EC18 18-Inch Antenna Extension Cable

Metra 95-5817 Double DIN Installation Dash Kit You will need to trim the top or bottom of the opening in the dash opening in order to get this one to fit but nothing to major.
Metra 70-1771 Radio Wiring Harness You can splice all the wires in without this but I prefer the adapter route.

RAYSUN 2 Meter HDMI and USB AUX Extension Panel Flush Mount In the left of my picture you can see the USB cable plugged into this. The spot where it is used to have a cigarette lighter and I don't need that so I pulled it out and then just reamed the hole out a bit bigger and this fit right in its place. The back of the stereo has 2 USB ports (#1 is for Apple and #2 is for everything else.) It also has an HDMI port on the back so you can plug a laptop into if you want or anything else that uses HDMI. Having them on the front makes them much more accessible and Android Auto requires a USB connection so it will be right there by my RAM Mount.

Now after looking at this I wish I would have gotten a similar one that has a USB port and an AUX jack on it. I think we will use the HDMI a few times but I would use the AUX more often. I will end up adding an AUX port somewhere on the dash but if you want to have them together this is the one to use. RAYSUN 2 Meter USB and 2RCA to USB and 3.5mm Aux Dash Mount

I also decided to upgrade the speakers mine were pretty hammered. I got 4 for the moment. I will eventually want another set in the back by the bed but I am not sure if the will go in the rear doors or not. So I got these for the front doors, sliding door, and side panel.
Pioneer 6.5 Inch 3-Way 640 Watt Car Stereo Speakers Four | TS-A167

These make the speakers a bit easier to install if you still have factory speakers.
Metra 72-5512 Speaker Harness for Select 1989-Up Ford Vehicles Now there is an option to buy 4 of these but it costs more than buying two sets of two so remember to check that if you order them.

I also got a PIONEER ND-BC8 Universal Rearview Camera This will be great especially after I have the windows tinted. I am having all the rears blacked out and the fronts as dark as I can legally go in Utah so the camera will be nice.

There was also a really good deal on this Pro II Leg and Bar Kit by Kargo Master so I ordered it as well, it showed up yesterday and I was hoping to get it installed but I decided to swap out my damaged passenger door and fender instead and that turned into a bit more of a project than I planned so I will get it on this week hopefully and add some pictures of it when I do.
I really like the low profile look, and I have an idea of how to mount some solar panels and an extruded metal platform on it as well so I am excited to try that out.
www.DirkMitchell.com
Dirk Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:28 PM   #2170

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Mitchell View Post
Well I have been working a lot, and needed to work on a few things in the van. I am planning a big trip in the spring but I have a few things that I really need to get done in order to make it work for work off and on for the next few months.
I did get this installed this weekend.
I am pretty stoked because this stereo has Android Auto and can also act a s a media player for the whole Van. I have to do a few more things to it to get the full functionality out of it. this is the Head unit i Installed.
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX -- DVD Player, Android Auto, or Apple Carplay it also has an SD card reader and a 7 inch plus screen. It has a lot of other features as well but those are the main ones I am going to be using. The screen is big enough the passenger seat and second row could watch movies.
If you are installing it in an Econoline (mine is a 98) you will need a few other things.
Metra 44-EC18 18-Inch Antenna Extension Cable

Metra 95-5817 Double DIN Installation Dash Kit You will need to trim the top or bottom of the opening in the dash opening in order to get this one to fit but nothing to major.
Metra 70-1771 Radio Wiring Harness You can splice all the wires in without this but I prefer the adapter route. ...

I also decided to upgrade the speakers mine were pretty hammered. I got 4 for the moment. I will eventually want another set in the back by the bed but I am not sure if the will go in the rear doors or not. So I got these for the front doors, sliding door, and side panel.
Pioneer 6.5 Inch 3-Way 640 Watt Car Stereo Speakers Four | TS-A167

These make the speakers a bit easier to install if you still have factory speakers.
Metra 72-5512 Speaker Harness for Select 1989-Up Ford Vehicles Now there is an option to buy 4 of these but it costs more than buying two sets of two so remember to check that if you order them.
Nice setup! I put in the Pioneer NEX too and love it. Let me know what you think of those speakers... I'm looking at changing my stock speakers out soon.

I did click on your wire harness links and it comes up saying "not for your (2014) vehicle". Wondering if they would actually work for my year/model.