I just bought a used 2006 Ford EB350 Sportsmobile and here's my situation.
- picked up the van April '14, and one morning I attempted to start the engine but noticed when I entered the key and turn the ignition to wait for the glow plug to go off, the entire Front panel instrumentation was "flickering" and noticed the power going on and off. I couldnt' tell if the Glow plug light was off and so I attempted to crank over the engine. The result - NOTHING! It seemed like it was a DEAD battery. I then took the key out and reinserted and this time it worked. ???? This problem didn't show there after. Feeling WEIRD and Worried then...
- Jun '14: The "flickering" problem showed up and this time is set my car alarm off and also the Check engine light went on. I have a Scan guage and the error code was a P0606. I took my van to Ford and they looked at it for an entire day and said that they couldn't reproduce the "flickering" but did say that at 10K miles ago the same error code was set off. Even though I had an Extended warranty, they couldn't guarantee that the work would be covered since Ford only covers Faulty components. They cleared the code and sent me off with a $80 bill(it was formerly $300 but after speaking w/mgmt they brough it down). They told me to come back when the problem happens again
- July '14: "flickering" problem shows up again but now more intermittent and this time it actually reset my Car stereo/navigation system! No error code at first but after a day with this problem, the Check engine light did go off w/the same error code, P0606.
- I called Livermore FORD(
) and spoke to Gary and he said that the problem is probably due to wiring and that I should take it to a Car Stereo shop to have the diagnose it since my alarm also goes off when this problem happens.
- I brought to my Van to Pearsons in Livermore. They told me that in the morning the Van wouldn't start and had to re-try a couple of times to get her going. THey disconnected the Stereo and said that the problem still exisits. They sent me off w/a $100 charge and told me I should bring it back to Ford since it's most likely due to the ignition loosing power. Right before I picked the van up I asked if they disabled the car alarm and they didn't. They had to disable and then sent me off on my way. I thought to my self, "did they troubleshoot it this w/out the car alarm off?"
- brought the van home and "flickering" problem is not there and I also noticed the Check engine light is not on??? I tried again this mornining a couple of times(4 times) and now notice that the "flickering" problem doesn't show.
Can anyone give any suggestions or tips to help resolve this infamous "flickering" problem and no start problem? Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated.