Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2018, 06:20 AM   #31
Wbp

Hey Cthayn, I think when you just discount the barn door plunger you also discount any alarm that is connected to that plunger. I did the same thing and after following a few threats I realized that, so I went back into the door and put a on/off switch in so when I want I can turn it on and off. It was a simple way to solve the lights coming on every time we go in and out of the barn doors. Now I don't wake everyone around me up at night. You can see it in my post getting started.

Wbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:01 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbp View Post
Hey Cthayn, I think when you just discount the barn door plunger you also discount any alarm that is connected to that plunger. I did the same thing and after following a few threats I realized that, so I went back into the door and put a on/off switch in so when I want I can turn it on and off. It was a simple way to solve the lights coming on every time we go in and out of the barn doors. Now I don't wake everyone around me up at night. You can see it in my post getting started.

Thanks for the input. I was wondering if that would be and issue with the alarm, but I haven’t had a chance to check it yet.

Good idea with the switch. It is only at night while camping that the courtesy light is a problem.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cthayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:02 PM   #33

I have a 2010 Ford E150 conversion van that has the same annoying behavior of turning on the perimeter lights for 30 seconds every time a door is opened or closed. This “feature” is very annoying when in a campground. The instructions posted by jage do NOT work on my van. I was advised that is something that only the dealer can do using an IDS Diagnostic Tool. Unfortunately my dealer could not figure this out. Does anyone know the procedure or have instructions that I can give to my dealer?
Thanks.
jim2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:19 PM   #34

try this thread http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...out-17931.html

I've got a dealer appointment next week. going to highlight the appropriate parts
Old 08-15-2018, 02:31 AM   #35

You could read my posting #26.
Just enable "Dark car" in GEM module and disable "Welcome light".
I used forescan : https://www.forscan.org/home.html
martinli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #36

Thanks for the tip. Checking the FORScan webpage it looks like the Configuration and programmingfunction is only available in the Windows version of the program with an Extended license. Is that correct? What version of Windows is required? Checking the modules in my van with the Android version I see that I have the Generic Electronic Module / Smart Junction Box (GEM/SJB) so I am assuming that disabling the "Welcome light" option is in that module. If that seems to be an approach I will try to borrow a Windows laptop and install the software. Fortunately I already have an OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter.
Jim
Old 08-16-2018, 02:10 AM   #37

Yes, I used the windows version since this has got the most features.
I guess you can use any Windows Version. I used Win7.

To be able to access all required data buses (CAN buses) you need a special OBDII adapter which has got a dedicated switch integrated to switch between the different buses. Theses adapters are ready to use available at some internet shops, ebay. Look at the website to find out about the adapter.

No, you do not need the Extended license for such simple programmings.
As far as I know, you only need it to programm the PADs module for key security stuff.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:48 AM   #38

Thanks for the quick reply and the additional information. I'll see if I can borrow a Windows laptop. Is there a spreadsheet showing the codes for the changes that can be made to the GEM/SJB - Generic Electronic Module / Smart Junction Box? That is the module that is in my 2010 E150.
Jim
Old 08-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #39

There is a list of supported modules : https://www.forscan.org/modules_list.html
But I'm pretty sure that will not help. There is no spreadsheet listing which model and features are supported.

Off course everything depends on model and year.

Mine is a E350 2014. The chance that the same changes that worked for me will worke for models 2008+ is very high, I guess.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #40

Thanks for the information. I got a hold of a Windows machine, installed FORScan and hooked it up to my 2010 E150 using an OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter. Scanning the “GEM/SJB - Generic Electronic Module / Smart Junction Box” I show the available functions as in the attached photo. I have “Dark car” but NO “Welcome light.” I “Enabled” the “Dark car” option but it didn’t affect the perimeter (Welcome) lights from coming on when a door is opened or closed. Looking at the module parameter list I see that the “726-08-01 0002 0A42” entry was changed to “726-08-01 0002 0E46” after I “Enabled” the “Dark car” option. Do you recall which Address was changed when you disabled “Welcome light” and what the values were before and after? That would be a big help.
http://bjimages.net/GEMSJB