Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2021, 12:47 PM   #11

Garage
Thanks, scalf77. I found the old isolator That I replaced with the one I have in the rig now....BTW.there was nothing wrong with it other then the one time it quit (starter side) was given a charge and then lasted for years.

I didn't have a ohmmeter but I did use my multimeter on the ohm settings and tested as per the Surepower instructions (electronics is certainly one of my strong points).

Red probe on terminal A to Term.1 then on 2. continuity present.

Red probe on terminal A black on term E continuity none

Reverse the above probes (black to red) and the opposite result. Which means to me it's working as should.

Again this is the isolator that failed (starter battery side) and came back (after charge) to work for years.

Well if this hasn't happen to other guys and it's only me then the only answer may be it's coincidental that it would happen twice on two different but same type of isolators. Or it's something in my wiring/connections....... Could it be a spirit is in there

Anyway I guess my next move is to replace it with another type of isolator and or check all my connections.

Thanks again for all the help ~ Lenny
Attached Thumbnails
Isolator.jpg  

Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:00 PM   #12

Garage
Thanks Daveb, it's the wire from the Alternator to terminal A on the isoltor.

Terminal 2 (isolator) is wired to the house battery. Terminal (isolator) is wired to main/start battery and terminal E to ignition run position.....Pretty simple.
Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote