Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2023, 07:07 AM   #1

About your water hose.....

First, fellas, get your mind out of the gutter.

One of the things I've kept since my first SMB is the handy soft-wall water hose that came with it. Sorry whoever I sold the van to. It's amazing. But it's 20 years old now and leaks at the ends.

Amazon has an improved version that is a great deal right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Joe-AJFJ...84&sr=1-4&th=1

It looks only slightly bulkier than the one I have which will fit in a small ziploc bag but this is still a huge improvement over storing a regular water hose in a van.

Say you don't need a water hose with your van? Me neither but that said I've used it multiple times, usually to top off my water in some quiet campground.

Also, the word is out on these little guys but they make it even better if you were unaware:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Lead-Fr...ps%2C94&sr=8-2

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 07:20 AM   #2

More info: I was just reading some Amazon reviews on these hoses and something occurred to me. These are ideal for vans because they store so small. They are NOT at all ideal for year round home use. Looks like these new ones have some bad reviews floating around about the ends leaking like my old one does and also about the fact that you can't just uncurl 10' or so from the wall like you do at home. Since these store flat they are a nuisance if you can't lay the whole hose out before use, which makes the 25' option probably best.

Also, they obviously don't hold up to daily/year round use in varying climates, read freezing weather. Once again not a problem for most of us for an RV or van.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 09:01 AM   #3
Site Team

Garage
I had a wire harness get wrapped up in the engine fan which gouged a hole in the radiator. I had put a connector on the vans faucet and used that flat hose to fill the radiator (several times) as I got out of the backcountry. Extrication from the trail I was on would have cost my wallet big time. Glad I had that little flat hose with me cause it made getting out to a paved road quicker. I'm sure I could have got out without it, but like having the right tool, I was happy it was on board.
Attached Thumbnails
long way to go.jpg  

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 09:44 AM   #4

We're still using the flat soft hose and never fully pressurize it for fear of rupturing after finding it was unavailable. Great tip about a potential replacement. Also, the water bandit is always with us. The water bandit combined with a double ended ~3/4" short hose and funnel also allow 5gal direct pour into tank.
moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote