Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2021, 01:47 PM   #11

JWA, you always have useful information.

coolfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:09 PM   #12
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfeet View Post
JWA, you always have useful information.
Thanks CoolFeet---wish everyone felt that same way!

I am wondering if Herb aka BroncoHauler ever received the USB test meter? I'd be intrigued reading any follow up impressions etc.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:45 PM   #13

Garage
Well hell now I want one of every thing!
Old 04-15-2021, 07:42 PM   #14

Kill switch for E350

JWA, now you got me going on electrical projects. I am about to add a kill switch to my E350. Should I post it on the SMF and FTE? I bought a relay and kill switch. I will post the details.

We leave in 7 weeks for another cross-country van trip. I am nailing down electrical projects. I need to tidy up my battery box. My van came with the second frame rail trailer battery. The relay under the battery box was dead. I installed a new relay while camping in Tennessee and managed to kill it by shorting it. I replaced the burned-out one when I returned home to California.
Old 04-16-2021, 01:55 PM   #15
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahamby View Post
Well hell now I want one of every thing!
In addition to the helpful advice we give and seek we are also 100% committed to enticing others to spend money in places they never thought of doing so before. AKA "all about keeping up with the Jones's"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfeet View Post
JWA, now you got me going on electrical projects. I am about to add a kill switch to my E350. Should I post it on the SMF and FTE? I bought a relay and kill switch. I will post the details.
I'm make SMB the first and possibly only site to share that sort of info CoolFeet. FTE doesn't seem as active as it once was although your kill-switch project might be of interest in the Electrical & Wiring sub-forum.

Posting questions and projects of the electrical nature might be best in the Electrical & Electronics sub-forum here. I've seen some very amazing projects both proposed and completed that have helped and inspired me numerous times.

I have an idea spurred by the recent up turn in vehicle theft when left running unattended. Its of the kill switch nature but would be engaged when the brake pedal is pushed to release the shifter interlock solenoid. Just an idea that's been floating around in my mind a while..........
Old 04-16-2021, 03:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
In addition to the helpful advice we give and seek we are also 100% committed to enticing others to spend money in places they never thought of doing so before. AKA "all about keeping up with the Jones's"!

I'm make SMB the first and possibly only site to share that sort of info CoolFeet. FTE doesn't seem as active as it once was although your kill-switch project might be of interest in the Electrical & Wiring sub-forum.

Posting questions and projects of the electrical nature might be best in the Electrical & Electronics sub-forum here. I've seen some very amazing projects both proposed and completed that have helped and inspired me numerous times.

I have an idea spurred by the recent up turn in vehicle theft when left running unattended. Its of the kill switch nature but would be engaged when the brake pedal is pushed to release the shifter interlock solenoid. Just an idea that's been floating around in my mind a while..........
That's a great idea. Post it for discussion in the Electrical and wiring subforum. I am posting this idea: I bought a momentary spst switch and a 6 pin relay. Connect the relay to the fuel pump fuse or the fuel kill switch located near the passenger feet area. The momentary switch is connected to the relay. When I shut off the vehicle, it's in kill mode and can be started only by pressing the momentary switch. I pulled the fuel pump relay for safety as I drive the van only for camping. The kill switch is easier than going under the hood everytime I waNt to use the van.

It's always good to hear from you my friend! We are passing through Ohio. Can I hire you to replace my windshield? I know you do commercial vehicles only. I may buy a Michelin's from your hook-up too.
Attached Thumbnails
killswitch.png  
Old 04-19-2021, 07:05 AM   #17
JWA

Hey CoolFeet we're dragging this thread off its original intent---feel free to PM me here on SMB or FTE, whichever is easier for you.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:40 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Hey CoolFeet we're dragging this thread off its original intent---feel free to PM me here on SMB or FTE, whichever is easier for you.
You are correct. Too much rambling from me. I will post this topic.