Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #131

Sorry I had family come in town for a wedding so I've been busy running around and catching up with them. I didn't get much done. I cut the wood parts for the top. We started on the box for the back of the van today.

Still trying to figure out the door hinge situation.

Gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #132

So because the door is actually wider than where the hinge was, it had to swing out. Took a bit of thinking but we finally got it.

Since the air tank was best mounted on its side, I had to move the drain plug so that it was on the bottom of the tank.

I also stopped by Ricky Carroll's shop and picked up my new board for the trip. :headbang:
Old 12-17-2015, 08:36 PM   #133

License plate door = epic.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:23 AM   #134
Wbp

Sweet RC lumber.
Wbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:53 PM   #135

I wired up the switches in the back

I also finished up wiring the lights to the switches in all 3 locations.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:40 PM   #136

Got the trim done

Glued and stapled the carpet to the wood.

I painted the top black because there's a gap between the trim and the ceiling wood. I put leds on the back of the trim so it will get some extra light. I have to wait for the connector piece to show up in the mail before I can get the lights working though.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #137

The license plate box is cool....
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:06 AM   #138
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
The license plate box is cool....
Yanno it actually is!

Along with having utility beyond holding the license plate the huge vulnerability the factory POS presents to burglars this one seems a bit more thief-resistant.

Nice work!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #139

A picture came up in timehop the other day of when I first brought it home. I was still living in Antigua so I didn't get to work on it right away. But here's a comparison of a year out.

As far as visible progress, I fixed the led's so they would illuminate the cab more.

I made some mounts for the rear speakers. I didn't realize how big these things were until they were actually up there. :\ I'll have to get some lower profile ones later on.

I also installed the sirusxm satellite antenna and ran the cable to the head unit. The only spot I could see feasible that would give it a good signal was on top of the air vent. I just ran the cable through the vent too so I didn't have to put another hole in the roof.

Put the headunit in

I started working on the heaters. I dropped the tank and there wasn't an aux pick up so I just used the dual pick up that came with the kit. There was an existing hole plugged up that was the exact size. Just took a little bit of filing with some grease to get the washer in and it was pretty straight forward. I didn't get many pics because we were working at night. Everything underneath was super dirty. Made for a pretty nasty job.

I also decided to move the inverter to the other side of the bed so I can get to it from the inside. You have to manually turn it off and the remote switch that you can buy only allows you to go from 'charge only' and 'invert/charge' modes. I cleaned up the area a bit and got bigger bus bars so everything wasn't so crowded.

Got the windshield replaced.

And took a pic for instagram with all the boards im bringing on the trip. I'm going to try to get these all into the roof rack.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:41 AM   #140

Love the van thanks for sharing! I have to admit that 4 gal rotopax behind the Aluminess box is brilliant! So brilliant I stole it and set up mine that way. Hope you're not mad. Pics RSN.
odinson is offline   Reply With Quote