Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2014, 02:39 AM   #1

My First van build Progress! 2010 Chevy Express AWD

How my Van sits as of 9/24/2014

I been lurking on sportmobile forum for awhile and gathering as much information before each of my mods. Whats a great place full of knowledge and friendly people!

So my story starts with my self being in the restaurant and bar industry. I needed a vehicle that I could haul supply's and food. I went out and found my self a 1994 Toyota Previa that offer a ton of cargo room when the seats where all taken out.

The business grew and we got busier. I constantly found myself exceeding the Previa's factory payload capacity so it was time for a bigger more heavier duty hauler. At the time I also had a 2001 Toyota 4Runner that I used for bad weather driving (living in the pacific northwest its bound to happen) and hauling my boat. I decided to sell both cars and get one that could do both. After months of looking i found my self a very nice used 2010 Express AWD that previously had a full body wrap on it. It was a long 5 hour drive from Portland, OR to Port Angeles WA but totally worth it! Some pictures from the first day we pick her up.

First impression I got from driving her back was how comfortable the ride was and how big this van really is! I never had such a large vehicle before. My first mod was adding a tow hitch to make sure I could move my boat around if I needed too at the time. Went online and place a order for a Curts tow hitch , and a plug and play wiring kit.

koontek is offline   Reply With Quote