Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2017, 05:54 PM   #21

Would love to hear about your shipping experience and who you plan to use. I just purchased a van long distance and need to arrange to have it shipped. This is my second long distance purchase so PM me and I can tell you more about how I handled inspection and closing. By, the way, your van looks awesome. Congrats and good luck!

Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
^^ THAT is excellent advice which should be strongly considered! AND he can pick it up????? Where do I sign???? Seriously - you should do this.
X2!
Old 08-13-2017, 05:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Would love to hear about your shipping experience and who you plan to use. I just purchased a van long distance and need to arrange to have it shipped. This is my second long distance purchase so PM me and I can tell you more about how I handled inspection and closing. By, the way, your van looks awesome. Congrats and good luck!
The dealer is handling the shipping so I don't know what company lthey are using yet. As soon as I find out I will you know.

I'll definitely PM you as delivery day gets closer. Thanks!
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #24

Well, the van is mine as of today (at least on paper). Hopefully I'll actually have it in my possession next week. Then, on to the real fun stuff!

Old 08-22-2017, 03:33 PM   #25

Congrats on the purchase! I just closed on my van deal--a nicely maintained 2003 7.3 EB cargo from Colorado Springs. I just need to figure out how to bring her home. Would love to hear about how you shipped. I may fly out and drive back....
Old 08-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Congrats on the purchase! I just closed on my van deal--a nicely maintained 2003 7.3 EB cargo from Colorado Springs. I just need to figure out how to bring her home. Would love to hear about how you shipped. I may fly out and drive back....
Congrats on your purchase!

I'm still exchanging paperwork with the dealer. As soon as they get this last batch (should be tomorrow), they will arrange shipping. I'll let you know who they use as soon as I know.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #27

Smoker, cheapest option is to have someone drive it. Dig255 here will do it for expenses, as will a friend of mine. They've both done several and are reliable.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:40 AM   #28

Rallypanam, this is a great option. I was considering flying out to CO myself and driving back, but my schedule is crazy next couple of months. I will contact Dig255. Could you PM me your friend's contact info?

Thanks,

Greg
(Smoker, not because of the van, but because I have 4 smokers for my other addiction, BBQ)
Old 08-23-2017, 08:57 AM   #29

Nice van! love the color.......

As 86Scotty mentioned the headlights are the typical cargo van style......somewhat unusual for a window van. Member redoval here makes HID projector conversions for that style, so something else to consider. The headlights that typically come on window vans are nothing to write home about, and cost a lot more to convert if desired.

One other nice thing with that trim package is that you've already got a black grille!

As far as replacing the factory side windows with other units that have screens, not sure that's possible.......

Since the van has a side slider, if you want to add Bushwacker fender flairs you'll need to modify the slider mech to clear the right rear bushwacker. Member MGmetalworks and a few others have done this and/or make parts for this.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:13 PM   #30

Quote:
(Smoker, not because of the van, but because I have 4 smokers for my other addiction, BBQ)
Let us know where and when you're camping.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote