Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2016, 04:32 PM   #31

I would have done backflips to find a non windowed cargo van or crew van with rear ac and heat. I would have done a few more to find one in tan.

If you want to feel better, read my build thread, it's short, sad, and full of holes. If you want to feel even better still, go on autotrader and search the country for V10's. they just aren't around and if you do find one, it's got high miles or they want a grip because it's 4x4, or an arm and a leg and your first born because it's a Sportsmobile build.

Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:51 PM   #32

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
I would have done backflips to find a non windowed cargo van or crew van with rear ac and heat. I would have done a few more to find one in tan.

If you want to feel better, read my build thread, it's short, sad, and full of holes. If you want to feel even better still, go on autotrader and search the country for V10's. they just aren't around and if you do find one, it's got high miles or they want a grip because it's 4x4, or an arm and a leg and your first born because it's a Sportsmobile build.
Thanks for reminding me of how lucky I am. I know I got it good with my van and if it was just me, I'd be overjoyed to have this van. My wife and son are the ones that will have to learn to love it or else.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:09 PM   #33

My wife thought I was gonna slap a matress on a 2x4 frame and call it good.......LOL. I assured her that such was not the case. I might have a plywood floor soon. That's a start!
Old 09-23-2016, 05:23 PM   #34

Quote:
If you want to feel even better still, go on autotrader and search the country for V10's. they just aren't around and if you do find one, it's got high miles or they want a grip because it's 4x4, or an arm and a leg and your first born because it's a Sportsmobile build.
My take is that they are out there, and they're mislisted. I can almost always go into Craigslist, city by city and find them listed as v8s or just not listed as a v10 at all. I think many people with them (churches, daycares, government agencies) have them and don't even know what they have. I didn't have much trouble finding one once I put my mind to it. In fact, I found about 5. If you search under 'v10' though, you'll find few.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #35

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
My take is that they are out there, and they're mislisted. I can almost always go into Craigslist, city by city and find them listed as v8s or just not listed as a v10 at all. I think many people with them (churches, daycares, government agencies) have them and don't even know what they have. I didn't have much trouble finding one once I put my mind to it. In fact, I found about 5. If you search under 'v10' though, you'll find few.

I found that to be the case too. I missed an oppurtunity to buy a black extended v10 window van with 7k miles when I bought this one and probably won't ever forget it. But if I had got that one, I would probably be sitting here wishing I had the van I have now. What I really need is two vans.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:12 PM   #36

Garage
Quote:
My wife thought I was gonna slap a matress on a 2x4 frame and call it good.......LOL. I assured her that such was not the case. I might have a plywood floor soon. That's a start!
Ha ha well I wouldn't say that's a bad thing, I need to build a platform on the one side of my van with some storage. I just wish I had someone near me that knew how to do an interior like the Sema van, that thing was sweet!

Old 09-24-2016, 01:27 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post

Maybe I got picky as I had to have rear AC, wanted a 2010 plus, etc. Even though my rig is an empty shell right now, I feel lucky to have it. It looks like any other random EB passenger van........for now.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:33 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Ha ha well I wouldn't say that's a bad thing, I need to build a platform on the one side of my van with some storage. I just wish I had someone near me that knew how to do an interior like the Sema van, that thing was sweet!
Check out 8020 and Tslots. You can build your own frames and add panels to them. Tslots seems to be better priced.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:47 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
It's extensive....brew some coffee.....
Oh great Well I better get my chores done first! Can someone post the link to your thread please? If I read your post right (below) you did a build out in a passenger van- - - would love to how you handled it

And don't y'all love how we threadjacked Josh's FSBY thread.... Not that we don't want him to have a successful sale tee hee
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #40

Garage
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...top-10808.html

Ha ha, it's almost like this was a support group thread from the start. It's like when a couple is together and everyone likes them and hears they might split so they all intervene and try to help fix the relationship.