Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Flux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,419
People always ask me what kind of mpg I get and I usually preface it with "that's not really what this van is about".

When I bought it, I got about 13 mpg on the drive home doing 80-85mph on I-10 from Pheonix back to LA. After conversion it dipped a bit....like 10mpg. After the 5 Star Tune I got back up to 11mpg. Maybe it's the fact that I do tend to drive fast on open highway.

I have never seen 15mpg 1der, but I don't doubt that others might get there. But I really like the V10, a lot.
__________________

__________________
<br>
Tim - 2013 EB V10 Agile 4x4 SMB PH Ginger Army All Terrain Mobile HQ
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:51 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
MountainBikeRoamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: OrangeCounty, CA
Posts: 1,275
Garage
Okay that's it.
All this V10 chatter has gotten to be too much for me to ignore.

Looks like FamVans is open from 9am to 4pm today....where's my cup of coffee...? I'm gonna go and check out the merchandise. (How much for that puppy dog in the window....)

(Btw, if that red 4WD rig is still there that you posted, I'll try to get a pic of the front axle setup.)
__________________

__________________
Mike T
___________________
'95 Ford E250 RB30 PH
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:57 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Flux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
Okay that's it.
All this V10 chatter has gotten to be too much for me to ignore.

Looks like FamVans is open from 9am to 4pm today....where's my cup of coffee...? I'm gonna go and check out the merchandise. (How much for that puppy dog in the window....)

(Btw, if that red 4WD rig is still there that you posted, I'll try to get a pic of the front axle setup.)

Awesome. Make sure you wind it out good if you take it for a spin. You don't feel the ponies until you get up there in RPM
__________________
<br>
Tim - 2013 EB V10 Agile 4x4 SMB PH Ginger Army All Terrain Mobile HQ
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:38 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
MountainBikeRoamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: OrangeCounty, CA
Posts: 1,275
Garage
So did the field trip to Fam Vans this morning.

It is totally like a "Van Toy Store" to wander around their giant indoor showroom (er, show WAREHOUSE....)....seriously lost count of the vans for sale. Business definitely booming for these guys.

Was a bit bummed to find that their "spare parts warehouse" is only open Monday-Friday from about 9 to 5, but still worth the drive over. These guys are super nice.

Red '08 V10 4x4 van was pretty nice too.
Couldn't take it for a drive, as they were doing some more finish work to it (adding running boards, getting wheels/tires painted, a good hit list of maybe ten more items they were chasing including final detailing.)



But definitely not an independent front end. Quigley most likely?




Van's history is kinda interesting, was a former border patrol van, originally white. Apparently it had some front sheet metal damage when Fam Vans got it, so they replaced everything that needed it and then sprayed the whole thing red. They seem to do a pretty decent job with their paint, all the door jambs and under-hood sheet metal is painted to match correctly.



Some under-hood remnants visible of its former Border Patrol electrical up-fits, and an hour meter in the cab.



__________________
Mike T
___________________
'95 Ford E250 RB30 PH
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:52 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 432
That was exactly like mine when I first brought her home. Border patrol rig and white too. Only 18k mile on mine with hour meter that I still got connected.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Flux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,419
Nice recon MTB. Somebody gonna have a nice van. You buying it?
__________________
<br>
Tim - 2013 EB V10 Agile 4x4 SMB PH Ginger Army All Terrain Mobile HQ
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:50 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
MountainBikeRoamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: OrangeCounty, CA
Posts: 1,275
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Nice recon MTB. Somebody gonna have a nice van. You buying it?
Nah, as nice as that thing is --- it's not for me right now man....I'm still (like a lot of us) in the midst of gathering as much info/firsthand experience as possible....the tireless pursuit of working towards eventually figuring out what the "perfect next van" might want to be....

But yeah, whomever drives off with that rig ought to be pretty stoked.
__________________
Mike T
___________________
'95 Ford E250 RB30 PH
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #18
Member
 
Econoliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Powell, Wyoming
Posts: 41
Yeah, MPG is a funny thing... mainly because of the GAS. There's so much crappy ethanol gas that it's hard to compare numbers. You never really know what percentage. When I'm doing major elevations out West, I pay extra for non-ethanol premium and I get great numbers. With a 5.4 and a 16" SMB Contempo top I have gotten just over 17 MPG at 65 MPH cruise (it obviously gets exponentially worse with speed).

The van form-factor is so functional and versatile, who cares? Besides, gas is cheap and plentiful right now. I wouldn't think twice about a V-10 extended.
Econoliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #19
MSD
Senior Member
 
MSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 1,213
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
So did the field trip to Fam Vans this morning.

It is totally like a "Van Toy Store" to wander around their giant indoor showroom (er, show WAREHOUSE....)....seriously lost count of the vans for sale. Business definitely booming for these guys.

Was a bit bummed to find that their "spare parts warehouse" is only open Monday-Friday from about 9 to 5, but still worth the drive over. These guys are super nice.

Red '08 V10 4x4 van was pretty nice too.
Couldn't take it for a drive, as they were doing some more finish work to it (adding running boards, getting wheels/tires painted, a good hit list of maybe ten more items they were chasing including final detailing.)



But definitely not an independent front end. Quigley most likely?




Van's history is kinda interesting, was a former border patrol van, originally white. Apparently it had some front sheet metal damage when Fam Vans got it, so they replaced everything that needed it and then sprayed the whole thing red. They seem to do a pretty decent job with their paint, all the door jambs and under-hood sheet metal is painted to match correctly.



Some under-hood remnants visible of its former Border Patrol electrical up-fits, and an hour meter in the cab.



That's a quigley for sure, those radius arms and 4x4 light are standard quigley but a vin # check will be 100% confirmation. I had a buddy that bought a 2008 boarder patrol quigley, it had low miles & hours but man did it get put thru the ringer. But he got it for a great price and gave it some love and now she's good to go. I like this one a lot, hopefully they put some nice alloy wheels and tires on for there asking price.
__________________
2004 E350 EB Quigley - aka MCSporty6.0
2013 Fiat 500 pop/abarth - Sold
2003 Land Rover Disco II
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 554
I can get 14 with the V10 if I drive slow enough, 65 mph maybe. But, I usually get 11 to 12. Doesn't take as long to get to the next gas station that way.
__________________

__________________
2008 Ford E-350 Quigley 4x4 V10 - 164,000 miles
RB50, PH Top, Dual AGM Group 27 Deka, 2000 Tripplite Inv., No Propane or Water Systems
Van Weight 8,100 pounds, added one rear leaf spring, BFG AT KO LT265/70R17 E Tire press 50psi.
Steve_382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×