Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2022, 07:06 PM   #11

UJOR is very hesitant to sell any parts unless you buy a complete conversion from them.

Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:25 PM   #12
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
BTW-I just reread your first post here, you might be better off waiting to get fit for custom springs from Alcan until after your axle swap.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 08:20 AM   #13

Hey REF. The springs are already built and along with shocks are waiting for me up there to get installed. Jeff at Built 2 Last says no big deal but he was also thinking the D60 FF axle. Lew at Alcan felt it would not be a very big deal and since I already paid for the axles to be built, guess I'll get them put on. Actually heading up there in a few hours BUT I could take the pickup truck and bring them back home to install later. I will stop by B2L this morning after a PT appointment and speak with Jeff again about which way to proceed.
Old 11-09-2022, 01:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
Hey REF. The springs are already built and along with shocks are waiting for me up there to get installed. Jeff at Built 2 Last says no big deal
The spring length, bushings, center pin location etc should all be the same. About the only difference I can think of might be the location of the spring perch that’s welded to the tubes, but there easy to relocate if needed.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:24 PM   #15

Spring perch was the same when I did a D60FF swap but SMB does move the lower shock mounts lower. Just my opinion but having to use spacers isn't nearly the same deal as on a semi-float.

Built to Last in Durango has helped me out a couple of times with injector issues. Can't say enough about Jeff and Co.

Good luck with it!
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 10:16 AM   #16

Dana 80

A lot of time has passed since I have had to address the axle issue with my heavy (11,400#) 2003 E-350 Superduty Sportsmobile, but suffice it to say that I had to do a lot of research to replace the SF from the factory which lasted 60,000 miles. I replaced mine with a FF Dana 80 and put a Dynatrac Free-Spin kit on the front to have matching bolt patterns from front to rear. Speak with Jeremy Naeger at Custom Differentials (573-483-3343).
twotimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 07:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
I swapped in a D60 FF due to my concerns about axle capacity. As you know, when a bearing goes, it can eat the axle to the point where it breaks, causing the wheel to come off. I think your wise to upgrade, and the D60 should be a pretty easy swap. As for Alcan spring, i think they have a nice manufacturing facility and the chances of getting exactly what you want are good. Just be sure to be as clear as possible what your trying to accomplish such as multiple progressive leaves, individual pads between the leaves, a stated ride height (take photos before and after) correct spring weight (be sure to weigh each wheel when fully loaded if you can, sometimes there is a big difference from side to side) etc.
Hi, does the driveshaft needs any modifications? I have a bent d60 sf on the back of my 2013 quigley van and i'm looking for a sterling 10.5 with 4.30 gears, is the oem locker a good idea? I want to get a yukon master rebuild kit, should i get any other spart parts to get a 100.000 to 200.000 miles old axle back to working condition?
Thanks.
Francisco Coddou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 09:11 AM   #18

Update from my end. The D60 FF was installed and given a test run from Durango to LA and back. No problems other than some smell from the paint getting roasted a bit from the heat of the rear end. Off to Baja after shoveling and plowing some more darn snow.