Petcool might make a good SMC alternative to Starcool.
- I should fit in a cabinet and can be mounted outside or mounted inside.
- If mounted inside, it can be vented through the floor and be a supliment ac to the van AC.
- If mounted outside, should be a lot quieter than Starcool. It might fit underneath.
- It can also be removable, saving space during nice weather.
The only negative/positive is that it is a little small at 2500 btu.
- Would likely be great for nighttime.
- Power is only 380 watts and can run on battery/solar or a small 1000 watt generator
It also functions as a heater.
http://www.earlstation.com/earl_station ... _page.html