Finally have a few minutes to post some updates. My image server has been on the fritz lately as well and havne't been able to link photos - all seems to be back in order again so here are a few updates.
Placed an order with Alumines a while back. Passenger side ladder, swing arm pin kit, and two new locks - one for the each bumper storage box. Also on the list of minor installs was the swing arm support/stop kit that came with the van from the previous owner. While I was at it I updated the swing arm pins as well - also something that came with the van.
Deciding where to mount the ladder:
Ended up mounting it centered on the grill. Added some grip tape to help protect and provide traction.
The biggest of the minor updates is the awning that I purchased in Vancouver Washington at the beginning of our cross country trip back. I also ordered up a set of 1der's awning brackets which went on pretty smoothly.
Something that became clear was the door alignment when it came time for me to close the door after the bracket installation. I spent another 30 minutes or so aligning the door before it all came together as it should.
One item that I felt needed attention was paint on the nerf bar. It was badly scratched so I thought it either needed to be repainted or covered - I chose the latter.
Last, but certaining not least is the installation of the rear swing arm box I kept from our first van. It didn't mount up exactly the same as the old setup, but I eventually got it there.
In case anyone is looking for hardware to help mount objects to their Aluminess rear swing arms, these worked well with some minor adjustments.
The OD for the Aluminess tubing was not quite 2.0", so in order for these to bolt up nice and tight, a rubber gasket is needed. I used a strip of rubber from a door sweep, found in the door hardware section of Home Depot.