Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2020, 12:36 PM   #21
lbp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpau00 View Post
My porta-potty has been just fine. One thing to consider though is I have seen a number of campgrounds in CA only allow vehicles that are fully self-contained (mounted toilets) because of COVID-19. I don't know how it is in other states.
jpau00 - I'd heard something similar even at some campgrounds on the East Coast. We've been leaning away from a porta potty due to COVID and our desire not to go into public toilets, so may go with a black tank for that reason, unless we go with a composting toilet.

lbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:39 PM   #22
lbp

Quote:
Originally Posted by michuth View Post
I have used both porta potties and fixed toilets and prefer the fixed. Even if you don't have grey water flowing through it, just use a hose at the dump station and shoot it through the toilet to clean out. I can go a week without dumping and I try to use the public toilets for crapping. This is probably because I'm in my 50's and can't squat the way I could in my 20's in a pop up LOL
Hi michuth - we're kind of leaning black tank, but we'd want to use it and avoid public restrooms, at least with COVID still an issue all over. Since we have a small van, the tank would have to be in the van, rather than underneath, and the 10 gallon black tank raises the floor under the toilet quite a bit, so we're trying to think if we'd just do a 5 gallon one.
lbp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, marine toilet, porta potty