Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2020, 08:49 AM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubba View Post
We did cut an old foam topper into strips to put alongside the rails to give us a little more elbow room.
I like that idea! So do you need to pull the foam out when you lower the top or does it stay in place? Seems I'm always shoving spare clothing into those spaces to add just a little more room for knees and elbows...

Old 01-07-2020, 09:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubba View Post
We took the old foam out of our loft leaving the upholstery in place. Then we put an REI MegaMat on top. Expensive but so worth it. My husband and I have sleep on it for a total of 15 weeks so far and no complaints. We did cut an old foam topper into strips to put alongside the rails to give us a little more elbow room.
Interesting idea!! The MegaMat Duo X-long would fit perfectly in our CCV medium height pop top at 55” wide x 77.6 long. Deflate, fold in half or thirds and store on rear platform when not in use while still leaving room for bedding. Hmmmmm......

What is the height of the flat mattress when deflated?? I am thinking it is maybe an inch??
Old 01-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #13

We lay the foam width wise on the mattress on one side of the roof support bars before bringing the top down.
We open the release valve and then bring the top down, so air is expelled up to the point we need to latch it down. I'm not sure how compressed you can get it.
chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:01 PM   #14

I also use a Exped MegaMat Dou on my SMB poptop and it deflate flat enough to still leave some bedding up there.
4in of comfy when it is sleeping time is really nice
Old 01-07-2020, 09:43 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Interesting idea!! The MegaMat Duo X-long would fit perfectly in our CCV medium height pop top at 55” wide x 77.6 long. Deflate, fold in half or thirds and store on rear platform when not in use while still leaving room for bedding. Hmmmmm......

What is the height of the flat mattress when deflated?? I am thinking it is maybe an inch??
Ray, I have it up top. The mattress is almost infinitely compressible. The limiting factor would be the inflate/deflate ports. So, maybe an inch and a half. Here it is underneath the regular cushions with the top down.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:12 PM   #16
Site Team

Garage
Megamat Exped Duo. Fits perfectly, nothing beats it for comfort (believe me, we’ve tried them all), and totally adjustable to your likes. It is a pain to store and takes a bit to inflate (you start by letting it inflate by itself, then top it off as desired) but it sleeps like home. 9.5 R-value, BTW.

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pop up mattress