Hey everyone, I was airing out the canvas after a weekend of camping in the rain and noticed what looks like it could be mold near the top of the outside of the canvas? I've attached a few photos, could anyone help diagnose what it is and what the best approach to cleaning it would be?
My friend is a mold scientist. He told me concentrated hydrogen peroxide is the most effective way to kill spores. It literally makes them explode. So if you’re mold-sensitive, make sure you wear a respirator (not just a dust mask) when you use it. He said a 50% or greater concentration is needed. You need skin and eye protection too. The stuff is super caustic.
That looks just like ours after a particularly wet November trip to the Oregon Coast, plus being stored outside in Seattle. We tried several different products and made it better but not completely resolved. After moving from Seattle to Durango, it hasn't gotten worse thanks to the dry climate.