Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2021, 01:32 AM   #1

Removable seat ideas

Hi

I have a Ford E350 and I am looking to do my next build that will be able to seat 4.

i recently saw a video of removable seats , just not sure how it will fit in the E350 with a sink and table on the side already.
I was wondering if someone has done something like this with airplane L tracks and has created a quick removable seat option.
I was thinking I can easily remove it when I get to camp

But I am open to any other ideas that you guys have done to your vans.

Here is the layout of my current E350 (sorry its sideways)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4384.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	42081

I was also thinking of creating and modding something like this
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4893.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	42078

maddmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:29 AM   #2

Garage
I have seen it done with L track.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:50 AM   #3

Garage
Here's how we installed L track + two sienna seats

it's doable. just be aware that the floor undulates...this photo is a junkyard van that we used for measurements.

you'll need to account for the depth of the undulations, the depth of the flooring materials (if more than one) and adjust the depth of the L track accordingly.

we installed 8-foot undrilled L track in the low undulation so we could bridge the two holes with a 1/4-inch piece of aluminum underneath the floor.
above the floor, we installed a 1/4-inch thick aluminum spacer beneath our L track to get enough clearance so the unwin brackets would move easily

there are numerous floor crossmembers underneath the floor. we measured a pilot hole and then in 1-inch increments to find proper bolt placement to avoid the crossmembers. i think we have 20 bolts per track?!?

you could also eliminate the spacer and remove enough flooring to allow the unwin brackets to move back and forth, although this may not look the greatest.

also check Otter's seating - https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...tml#post255687

we didn't have the really helpful mg/expovans/basefab template that Otter used and we cut thru the floor since there was too much to remove. we were only out 1/16-inch on being parallel and perpendicular. we don't take pictures during projects, so we can't offer a visual reference during the process.

we can take pictures of the final product if that helps...
Old 01-18-2022, 06:46 PM   #4

Here's the Transit seat set up I have for my E350. These are the larger ones that also slightly tilt. The tracks just bolt thru the floor to a fabricated 4"x4" plate with a nut welded to it. I'm actually thinking of posting them in the classified section, i don't end up using much.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_IMG_7494.jpg   thumbnail_IMG_7493.jpg   thumbnail_IMG_7496.jpg   thumbnail_IMG_7497.jpg   thumbnail_IMG_7546.jpg  

2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote