Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Do you recommend the Scheel-Mann Driver seat?
No 0 0%
Yes 2 22.22%
Heck Yes! 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2021, 09:37 AM   #1

Question scheel mann - complaints?

OK gang, based on this thread, I'm considering pulling the trigger today / tomorrow on a Scheel-Mann driver seat. Vario XXL w/ dual armrests, w/ e-series swivel.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...tml#post293826

Let me know if anyone has regrets.

Thanks!

scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:44 AM   #2

Garage
I love mine and honestly cannot image more than 4 hours without mine. The siennas I had were so bad for long trips I had back issues for days after each trip. Best upgrade I’ve made.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:11 PM   #3

I love mine as well and can now drive all day without the pain I used to get in my hip / upper leg / lower back. Are they over priced, IMO, HECK YES! ... but worth it.

I have not been impressed with the seat heat though. Kind of underwhelming amount of heat put out. I need to look into the wiring though and make sure there isn't something going on there.

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 03:52 PM   #4

Garage
I've had mine for over a year and have driven thousands of miles with them. I didn't have back pain, but my legs were absolutley crippled after driving even an hour. Now, I can drive for many hours and not be sore at all.

They are the best!!
Old 04-15-2021, 07:29 PM   #5

Garage
My heater will cook me out. You must have a different setup. Love the heat also.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:27 PM   #6

Thanks all. I pulled the trigger.
While we're all thinking about it, one more question: Toby at Scheel-Mann said that it'd be possible to wire-up just the heating pad in the back rest (circumventing the switch and heating pad in the bottom cushion, which I'd never use). He said just connect the wires to 12v and I'll get "high" heat (6v for low).

Does that sound right? If so, I'll just connect those wires to ground and to the fuse panel (or maybe to the orphaned powered seat harness, who knows?), and put in an on/off switch. Let me know if that sounds right.

Thanks for the feedback. They say you can't get things good, fast, and cheap.... but it sounds like this will be "good," and yall really helped me make it a "fast" decision.
scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:13 PM   #7

Garage
You will love them. I have about 20k miles on my set, they are still awesome!

2001 Van Haus E350 EB 7.3L Quadvan 4X4
1999 Sportsmobile E150 - SOLD
2002 Sportsmobile RB50 7.3L 4X4 - SOLD
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #8

Great seat

[QUOTE=pjpvi;293982]I love mine as well and can now drive all day without the pain I used to get in my hip / upper leg / lower back. Are they over priced, IMO, HECK YES! ... but worth it.

My sentiments exactly
wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:12 PM   #9

Has anyone else felt like they were sitting a bit too high with the Scheel-Mann seats? I mounted them on the OEM bases and I don't remember the stock seats feeling like that, but I guess the adapter adds about an inch.

I just installed them today (2 Varios) and haven't driven in them yet, but that was my initial impression. They'll probably be fine for me (5'10"), but my wife is shorter (~5'6")and I'm curious to see her reaction when she gets home... Maybe there's some adjustment I'm missing or maybe other folks have mounted them on shorter bases? Or maybe I'm just being overly sensitive in search of "perfection" given the price of those things
Pongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:16 PM   #10

Could be that you need to give them some time. By that I don't mean they are perfect and you should just get used to them. I mean that, for me, being very picky about seating position, I actually have to drive my different vehicles including the one that is new to me or doesn't feel quite right before I know what I really need out of the seat. Perhaps I'm a bit over the top with this but I do find that it takes several short trips in a seat I don't love before I can actually identify what I don't like about it.

When you find that magic spot though......life is beautiful......and then your wife jumps in the vehicle, changes it all and forever destroys what it took you so long to get right.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote