Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Do you recommend the Scheel-Mann Driver seat?
No 0 0%
Yes 2 22.22%
Heck Yes! 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2021, 11:10 PM   #11

Pongo, you definitely sit "on" the s-m seat more vs "in" the seat more(those LaZBoy style RV seats). The s-m will support your body properly, allowing your muscles to relax, vs the LaZBoy style feels comfy/cushy at first, but does not support your body over the long haul, so after your drive your body is achy from having tried to support itself in a non-supportive seat.

Loved loved my s-m VarioR's. Sold them with a vehicle, and miss them already in the new Ford.

2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:59 AM   #12

Got the Scheel Mann driver installed last night. The only thing I'd add to everyone's thoughts is that for the armrests you need to cut holes through the upholstery to reveal the bolt holes.
Have not driven with it yet, but it appears to swivel fine (requires a couple of steps and squeezing past the steering wheel). Looking forward to adjusting / experiencing. Long drive this coming weekend.
scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:06 AM   #13

Garage
Will they fit a GMC Savana/ Chevy Express?
Old 04-27-2021, 01:22 PM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahamby View Post
I don't see why not.

Here's the website.

Or, give Toby a call. 503-482-8549
Old 04-29-2021, 12:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba View Post
Got the Scheel Mann driver installed last night. The only thing I'd add to everyone's thoughts is that for the armrests you need to cut holes through the upholstery to reveal the bolt holes.
Have not driven with it yet, but it appears to swivel fine (requires a couple of steps and squeezing past the steering wheel). Looking forward to adjusting / experiencing. Long drive this coming weekend.
Correct, just a small slice in the upholstery to reveal the fastener hole, and ONLY remove one bolt at a time--it'll pull out from behind the upholstery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahamby View Post
Seats are universal. What's unique to each vehicle are the adapter brackets between seat and vehicle. I don't know that Toby at s-m USA has any Savana/Express adapters, but he can advise you.
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 08:33 AM   #16

I’d be interested to know the answer to this question.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:13 AM   #17

There is a GM van adapter in the works. Not sure yet what year span it will work for, the prototyping is being done on a ~'17 Express (I think).
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:35 AM   #18

Just put 14 hours on the Scheel Mann driver seat. (trip to drop off at CCV).

Updated thoughts:
1. Even raised to the highest point, the lumbar support I think is too low for me. (6 1" and have the Vario XXL)
2. Like the feel / support of it.
3. Re: #1 it's difficult to tell where the "stops" are with the lumbar height adjustment and others, given how tough the knobs are to turn (I think the height is maxxed-out, but not 100% positive). Maybe I need to not try this while driving, or grip strength needs work.

I think I've concluded I'd like the whole seat higher by 1.5 to 2 inches. I saw that someone else had done that somewhere on here. Let me know if you see this and remember / have thoughts. The most straightforward solution I think would be spacers at the connection between the swivel base and the E-series adapter.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:14 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpvi View Post
I love mine as well and can now drive all day without the pain I used to get in my hip / upper leg / lower back. Are they over priced, IMO, HECK YES! ... but worth it.

I have not been impressed with the seat heat though. Kind of underwhelming amount of heat put out. I need to look into the wiring though and make sure there isn't something going on there.
Do you remember where you tapped into power for the heat? I'm going to do that today, but would love to tap into the (now unused) harness for the powered Ford seat rather than run a new power line somewhere.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:40 AM   #20

Garage
I’m getting pretty weary of the over priced comments. Are you paid too much on your job? The person writing the check likely thinks so, but that’s the “market price” of labor with the exception of minimum wage, which is an arbitrary and artificial number. I won’t go into the economics of the Great Depression that was extended by government interference through wage and price controls.

If you are willing to pay for the Scheel-Mann Seats, then they are priced appropriately. If they are “too expensive” don’t buy them and the price will drop or they will make crappy seats, so they can afford to sell them cheaper.

So, if stuff is too expensive, take the lead by telling your employer you need a 30% salary reduction.

Let the hate begin, but I don’t really give a rat’s behind.