Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2024, 03:58 PM   #1

Seat cover recommendations

My 2001 E250 seats are beginning to wear and I’d like to get covers for them but the number of choices is pretty large. Can anyone recommend any that they have used, that fit tightly and are comfortable? I see lots of them that are wrinkled and hard to hold in place when the elastic bands stretch. Any recommendations?

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 05:37 PM   #2

There's a whole new generation of leather covers that are designed to look OEM. I've seen them and they are impressive. Truckleather.com is one. If your like the cold why not sheepskin?!
SMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 08:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
My 2001 E250 seats are beginning to wear and I’d like to get covers for them but the number of choices is pretty large. Can anyone recommend any that they have used, that fit tightly and are comfortable? I see lots of them that are wrinkled and hard to hold in place when the elastic bands stretch. Any recommendations?
I got some 2011 lower seat cushions and driver's side foam from these guys and it is all top quality.

Looked better than the OEM covers and were perforated.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn....m3561.l170197
posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:54 PM   #4

We had custom sheepskin covers made and installed ten years ago and have put over 90K miles of use on the van since. The covers have held up well and are quite comfortable.

The one weakness are the straps, which have lost elasticity. One would think that someone might come up with a more robust seat cover fastening component along the lines of a bungee cord, or at least an easy means of swapping out flimsy worn straps with new ones. Come to think of it, maybe simply sew fabric loops around the edges for bungee cord attachment points. Hmm, might try that.

POSTSCRIPT:

The neighbor's cat likes the sheepskin!
Attached Thumbnails
P3271247aa.jpg  
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 07:33 AM   #5
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
I got a set made from myseatcovers in their “neosupreme” material a few years back, a version of neoprene that doesn’t contain the rubber, thus no stink, nice fit and has held up, I’m not certain they’re still in business. I decided to try a set of Coverking seat covers the next go around for the project van. Very similar products.
https://coverking.com/
There’s others like this site too
https://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 09:11 PM   #6

Garage
I'm still running the original leather seats from SMB West, but keep thinking that I should purchase some covers to keep any potential dog claw issues at bay.

I agree with REF that the Neosupreme covers fit great and look good. I have those in my current F-150 and had them in my last Dodge 2500. They've worn well in both vehicles with lots of dog and general woods activities. My current truck is sporting ShearComfort versions and I think my last truck had the Coverkings. I'm not sure if I could say one brand is better than the other. As far as the bungee cords stretching out, hasn't really been an issue for me (yet?)

A member of a Jeep forum I belong to recommend the Wet Okole brand. These are actually full neoprene with a liner and padding. I was just looking through their webpage and discovered that they have photos of their covers on the back seat in a SMB "50" plan. That's the first time I've ever seen a supplier offer those - might be a serious contender for me. Just not sure if a neoprene cover would be as comfortable as the neosupreme due to the waterproofness of the former.

https://www.wetokole.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 9.13.36 PM.jpg  
Old 03-28-2024, 06:48 AM   #7

Garage
I have had good results with Coverking. I bought the ones in my van in 2016, premium leatherette because of my dog, and they have held up. I would buy Coverking again.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:28 AM   #8

If just the bottoms are worn, the covers off 2nd row captains seats are a direct fit and gonna be in way better shape than any used front cover.

You can still order new bottom and back foam OEM at least for 06s.

I am a sucker for the OEM look so prefer fresh OEM upholstery to aftermarket.
Big_ern_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 06:23 AM   #9
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Another site to consider is The Seat Shop: https://www.theseatshop.com/ Along with products they have tutorial and instructional videos available too.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:51 AM   #10

If you want a set that will never wear out, go with Marathon. Expensive but they will outlast the van and the way they're installed they WILL NOT shift around on the seat.
https://www.marathonseatcovers.com/s...conoline/2001/