I am finalizing the layout and systems for a Sportsmobile build beginning in about 1 month (around September 1, 2018).
The van: a new 2018 Ford Transit 350 Cargo Van (EcoBoost engine), High-Roof, Extended-Length (about 22' in length).
The last decision I need to make is (and which affects the entire layout):
a) Add an interior shower at the expense of interior living space (like a gaucho with a large table aka work surface).
b) Not add an interior shower, which means I will need to either depend on the exterior shower when boondocking in fair weather, or the showers in urban gyms and/or wipes during inclement weather.
I would really appreciate the experience of SMB owners who have had this dilemma. Did you add an interior shower and regret it? Or did you not add an interior shower and regret not having one?
My SMB is built around a rear platform bed (about 72" in length) with a garage underneath. Everything in front of the platform bed is inspired around these standard layouts:
- EB110S (rounded sink; 48” bathroom; replace rear dinette with platform bed)
- EB112S (36” wide gaucho in place of bathroom; replace rear dinette with platform bed)
- EB132S (almost identical to EB110S except for bedroom; replace bedroom with platform bed)
- EB154S (almost identical to EB110S except for bedroom; replace bedroom with platform bed)
- EB164S (almost perfect; has small desk which I wish could be bigger)