Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2023, 03:09 PM   #1

Windows

Hi! I'm new here. Just bought a 2006 E-250 (totally empty) and want to put in some vented windows, but quickly discovered they are hard to find. I'm considering vented rear cargo doors and slider for driver's side, maybe even some bunk sliders in the back. Maybe I'll just pop some round soffit vents in (just kidding).

Questions:

1) What years of econoline windows are compatible? '99-2014? I might have to do some salvage yard digging.

2) Will the 'Universal' sliders work on e-series vans? CRL states theirs work on "any van", but they only list Transit, Promaster and Sprinter on their site. I tried contacting them, but that part of their site is down.

3) Has anyone installed RECPRO windows in their van?

4) Recommendations?

Appears that the issue is a lot of these windows are for flat sides and econoline has a more contoured side.

pappawheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 07:47 PM   #2

Welcome!

Where are you located? (maybe add to your profile)

Rear door pop out windows are around but getting harder to find, and to find complete w all the proper hardware. Inspect the sealing rubber gasket for cracks/tears and flexibility to seal against the window when closed. There are at least three factory tints - clear, mirrored, dark no mirrored. I think there is a green, as well. Clear and dark are most desirable.

All factory windows really want to be mounted into the factory doors and window openings due to the mounting recesses allowing flush fit. Factory Pop Out windows are available at salvage yards for the slider door. Nearly every passenger van w a slider has that pop out / dual latch window. Make sure to get all the hardware including the latch screw receiver plate that snaps into the door sheet metal.

After market windows are pretty much now limited to the CR Laurence FW904RS Awning window. It can be used in a non window slider and looks okay. You are correct to only use contoured windows. Flat will mount but will bend the sheet metal and look horrible.

Sliders cannot be used effectively in the rain which makes a crank out awning or pop out style preferable, imho.
Old 06-21-2023, 03:06 PM   #3

Thanks for the info 1der!
Old 06-21-2023, 04:13 PM   #4

You are most welcome!

I forgot to include for others coming across this thread -
most any Econoline window (not sure about front doors) from 1992 model year to 2014 are the same mounts and interchangeable.
Tints vary. "Clear" windows can be film tinted to match.
Old 06-21-2023, 07:09 PM   #5

Gotcha. Nice looking rig you got there.

Tags
crl, recpro, vented, windows