Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2024, 04:02 PM   #701

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC413 View Post
Looks like I waited too long to get a kit... just got an email return from mg, no longer an email even. Look up on here and Expo and seems he is no longer making kits. Figures as i just finished my winter project of rebuilding the front axle and re painting it. Hope he has moved onto cooler stuff, his knowledge on these vans was always awesome.

Any chance anyone has a kit here they did not use and are willing to sell?

Worst case, anyone have a kit that I can make a copy of the trac bar mount and send it back to you? I really just need the track bar mount as I plan to use the WFO long arms and make my own radius arm mounts.

Thanks Ross
I think there is a kit that has been on FB marketplace and Craigslist in Boise for some time. Maybe check that and see if you could grab it?

thescottgivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 04:03 PM   #702

https://timberlinesupply.com/collect...e-to-superduty

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 04:16 PM   #703

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. rock View Post
The Timberline uses thier track bar. I have the Carli already. I wish I could just get the mount from them.
RC413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 04:17 PM   #704

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescottgivens View Post
I think there is a kit that has been on FB marketplace and Craigslist in Boise for some time. Maybe check that and see if you could grab it?
Good info, thanks. In an initial search I could not find it, but who knows how it is listed. I'll be more thorough tonight.
Old 03-14-2024, 06:34 PM   #705

Quote:
Looks like I waited too long to get a kit... just got an email return from mg, no longer an email even. Hope he has moved onto cooler stuff, his knowledge on these vans was always awesome.
MG leveraged his skills to take an engineering job in Sandia. He had explored doing 4WD conversions on other vans, since the market for Econolines is bound to dry up soon, but decided that wasn't right for him at this time. I haven't touched base with him in a while, but sounded like a good transition for him.

I do have a kit that I've been hoarding. My plan was to build out two vans, but plans have changed. I'm getting ready to list the second (stock utility 2011 RB) van for sale and was thinking, if nobody came along with cash, that I'd keep the kit for some day converting a small box truck into a more roomy offroad vehicle. However, I should probably also sell the kit, as I already have way more other projects than I can handle.

Since I was planning on building two vans, I bought hardware for two, so have most of the new fasteners that are required. The kit has been finished in chassis black paint. The caster correction plates have been welded to the radius arms and I also machined a bushing to allow use of the (much cheaper) Rough Country track bar. I've been driving my MG kit lifted van for nearly a year and have been pleased with the RC bar, as well as with the kit.

Since you haven't filled out your forum profile, I've no idea what part of the country you're in. My extra kit is in Tucson, Arizona... but I regularly travel to Los Angeles and can drop off in most of SoCal, depending on the route I take.
Kendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:18 PM   #706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendel View Post
MG leveraged his skills to take an engineering job in Sandia. He had explored doing 4WD conversions on other vans, since the market for Econolines is bound to dry up soon, but decided that wasn't right for him at this time. I haven't touched base with him in a while, but sounded like a good transition for him.

I do have a kit that I've been hoarding. My plan was to build out two vans, but plans have changed. I'm getting ready to list the second (stock utility 2011 RB) van for sale and was thinking, if nobody came along with cash, that I'd keep the kit for some day converting a small box truck into a more roomy offroad vehicle. However, I should probably also sell the kit, as I already have way more other projects than I can handle.

Since I was planning on building two vans, I bought hardware for two, so have most of the new fasteners that are required. The kit has been finished in chassis black paint. The caster correction plates have been welded to the radius arms and I also machined a bushing to allow use of the (much cheaper) Rough Country track bar. I've been driving my MG kit lifted van for nearly a year and have been pleased with the RC bar, as well as with the kit.

Since you haven't filled out your forum profile, I've no idea what part of the country you're in. My extra kit is in Tucson, Arizona... but I regularly travel to Los Angeles and can drop off in most of SoCal, depending on the route I take.

Glad he is doing well. Last I had seen he was doing Transit kits. Logging back onto IG I see he finished the Cummins swap also. Good stuff.

Pm sent on the kit. I am in Pennsylvania but have friends in Phoenix and always need another reason to head that way.

Thanks Ross
Old 03-15-2024, 02:27 PM   #707

Quote:
Looks like I waited too long to get a kit... just got an email return from mg, no longer an email even. Look up on here and Expo and seems he is no longer making kits. Figures as i just finished my winter project of rebuilding the front axle and re painting it. Hope he has moved onto cooler stuff, his knowledge on these vans was always awesome.

Any chance anyone has a kit here they did not use and are willing to sell?

Worst case, anyone have a kit that I can make a copy of the trac bar mount and send it back to you? I really just need the track bar mount as I plan to use the WFO long arms and make my own radius arm mounts.

Thanks Ross
Have you thought about a Timberline kit?

That's what I'm going with. Already have the "mini kit" from him. And I'm ordering specialty parts for my build.
Old 03-17-2024, 07:33 PM   #708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendel View Post
He had explored doing 4WD conversions on other vans, since the market for Econolines is bound to dry up soon
Is it? I thought this considering they are out of production and all but was shocked to see UJOR opening a second location.
Old 03-17-2024, 11:11 PM   #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
Is it? I thought this considering they are out of production and all but was shocked to see UJOR opening a second location.
I think yes, and no.

#vanlife is over. And since E-Series "vans" are no longer made, the market has shifted. UJOR knows that. He leaning into RV's, and will just be doing RV's soon (other than DIY kits).

Is the business still there for a lot of 4wd van companies for E-Series, no. For Sprinters / ProMaster / Transit, some.

A lot of people have shifted from vans to truck campers. If I ever get rid of my box truck, the next one will be a truck camper.
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM   #710

On a 5.4 equipped van, what are we using for driveshafts?

Or custom?
silverhorse is offline   Reply With Quote