Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #31
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by regis101 View Post
What is Wrong with those people.
There. Someone had to say it. I feel much better now. Thanks,
You said it this time, not me, lol.
And what’s this, you live in Livermore? So do we! That’s so random.

Old 09-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #32
Orv

Garage
I've heard that regulators are sensitive to sand, although I don't know what the failure mode normally is. Sand can get into the pipes from anything from repairs on buried lines to a well that's being overused.

The pressure gauge is a good idea, I might have to do something like that.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:31 PM   #33
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Hey Ya'll...MAKE SURE to add the label SMBWEST to your posts (virgo etc...) We don't want to misguide the Forum members here thinking ALL SMB locations are this way....just b/c SMBWest has not been "perfect" for all the member builds here, I think more are built correctly than NOT....and to opinionize that they may or may not "pressure" you into or not taking down a post (again it seems like over 80% of new customers seem satisfied etc...maybe even a sad paranoia of events/customer), I feel sad that a person ws made/felt they had to take pictures of a van being worked on...I am SURE the worker-bees LOVED that too....anyway, just a heads up to responsible posting/labeling of facts vs. opinions
Old 09-10-2019, 03:14 PM   #34

Garage
^^^^^^^well communicated ctb, both your observation & advise^^^^^^^
Old 09-10-2019, 04:15 PM   #35

Nothing wrong with calling a Spade a Spade.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:52 PM   #36

again it seems like over 80% of new customers seem satisfied

But why are RVs this bizarro world where any serious problems are considered acceptable? We don't accept that from new cars, or new homes. Or even household appliances. The RV industry as a whole won't get better until we stop accepting sub-par work as normal. I REALLY wanted a SMB classic when it showcased 5 years ago. But the more I see post of not just leaks, but improperly modified body work, and dangerous wiring routing, I'm pretty sure I'll just build something myself.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
again it seems like over 80% of new customers seem satisfied

But why is the RV this bizarro world where any serious problems are considered acceptable? We don't accept that from new cars, or new homes. Or even household appliances. The RV industry as a whole won't get better until we stop accepting sub-par work as normal. I REALLY wanted a SMB classic when it showcased 5 years ago. But the more I see post of not just leaks, but improperly modified body work, and dangerous wiring routing, I'm pretty sure I'll just build something myself.
Amen.....plus 6 characters
Old 09-11-2019, 08:20 AM   #38

I do not think I would take a video of poor workmanship down especially if others have experienced similar situations. Manufacturers play the game of cost versus negative publicity. The less people know, the less complaints will return, leading to less warranty repairs by consumer absorbing repair cost leading to more company profit. The fact that many camper units actual use flexible connections has been from their trial and error and cost vs repair dilemma. So if the request should arise to remove a consumer informational video in efforts conceal a problem by asking a poster to remove a "Heads Up" post to consumers, to me that only adds to lack of integrity of either the business and/or its management!
Old 09-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #39

As I've always heard said about being a DIY'er; I can screw it up cheaper than paying someone else to screw it up.

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
Old 09-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetreevanman View Post
As I've always heard said about being a DIY'er; I can screw it up cheaper than paying someone else to screw it up.

Not to mention, I can take the difference in cost and rationalize buying myself some tools

Herb