Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #1

running boards, hoops, rock rails??? Suggestions and pics!

So, my wife is pretty irritated at the fact that she has to jump into the van with the lift. I have no type of step up into the van as I like the clean look as it sits, but also realize that even I have some issues at times hoping up into the thing - especially with the little guy when putting him up into the back from the side doors...

So, I have a budget. I do not really want to spend more than $300-$400 total. I am open to these kind of running boards from Ionic:

http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com/bl ... -2012.aspx

Also have looked at the Carr Hoops and think in black they might work. Obviously the cheapest route...

But, saw that N-Fab has some what looks like sliders/rock rails with a drop step built in. These are about $400 before shipping so, a bit more than I want to spend.

I WILL NOT BE USING THIS OFF ROAD where I need a rock rail to protect the van body, etc.

Here is the van as it sits right now. I want black rails, steps, hoops, etc.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I have been looking at some pics. Hard to find really good shots of rails and running boards and even hoops with detail... Thoughts are much appreciated!
Lizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote