Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2018, 01:08 PM   #31
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rltilley View Post
These would definitely help keep beverages safe. I could also use them for rationing. Label each one Monday, Tuesday... Just like my pills. When one is empty I gotta wait until the next day for another beer.
Restraint, self-control and behaving is soooooooooo over rated, as far as beer goes anyway!

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #32

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork-N-Road View Post
I have been considering the same location, what size ARB is that?

I have some concerns that if pulled over, I would be within arms reach of alcohol (would NEVER drink and drive), but technically I think it could be a "Open Container" concern, correct?

Thanks, Scott
Mine is the 50L version.

Scott
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:51 AM   #33
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork-N-Road View Post

I have some concerns that if pulled over, I would be within arms reach of alcohol (would NEVER drink and drive), but technically I think it could be a "Open Container" concern, correct?
Sorry to re-visit this particular topic but yes ANY open alcohol container is illegal to have in the cabin of a motor vehicle; believe it or not a long ago empty one qualifies as well. It could be a crushed can in the back of your vehicle under a seat or otherwise out of reach of the driver--open container is an open container.

Of course this would be one of those technicalities possibly overturned or thrown out of court however the law generally does't specify anything relating to how long ago said container was opened and/or whether it contained any alcohol.

Sorry to be a buzz kill and please don't ask how I know this.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:37 AM   #34

Garage
^^^ would it make a difference if his rig is registered as an rv? I was told that behind the cockpit of the 2 front seats is deemed a living area when registered as an rv and open containers are legal in that area. Don’t remember where I got that info and it could very well differ from state to state, but since it was brought up I thought I would ask.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #35

My understanding is that, here in CA, in the SMB people can drink while the car is in motion if they are behind the two front seats. I won't test that but I would like to ask an officer here if that is correct.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #36
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rltilley View Post
My understanding is that, here in CA, in the SMB people can drink while the car is in motion if they are behind the two front seats. I won't test that but I would like to ask an officer here if that is correct.

Yeah that's what (in CA) I was told as well and would like to know how other states handle it. I'd think as long as it's out or reach and stowed in a cabinet out of reach you'd be OK??? I carry all my hard stuff in aluminum Sigg bottles behind the side door cabinet so I don't have to deal with the glass.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #37
Orv

Garage
In a lot of states the passengers can drink if they’re in a separate compartment from the driver. How that’s defined, I don’t know, but the intent is to allow drinking in limousines when the partition is closed.

I’d certainly avoid having any containers that have been opened within reach of the driver, e.g. that growler or the tail end of a bottle of wine. But IANAL.
Orv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:19 AM   #38
JWA

Re: open containers.........

I was thinking of legally licensed RV's or motorhomes as well as limousines where drinking doesn't seem to be illegal, not here in Ohio anyway. As already said each state and most likely every different LEO could have their own definition of what's allowable and what could bring a citation or worse.

Here in Ohio if drinking in a parked car, van, etc etc where keys are present is a violation of "operating motor vehicle under the influence"---I've had a few friends run afoul of that law, them thinking it was perfectly fine and end up locked up, vehicles impounded. IF the occupants have the keys to the vehicles its illegal.

In the case of an RV that's parked in a dedicated camping spot there's no issue. Same vehicle parked in a public space like a roadside rest and you'd have problems.

Park and drink but certainly don't drink and drive or even appear that that's possible, might make life easier. But by all means protect your beverages so they're available when you are parked!
Old 09-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #39

I am deeply shocked at this sign of alcohol abuse!
It all starts with neglect. You neglected those poor last beers. They became isolated from the rest of their peers. Without a proper support group (6 pack plastic) they were easy victims.
Those poor cans and bottles had no chance. But it is not your fault. You said you would try to love each and every beer, but sometimes you just can’t.
What I am really happy with is though is the want to change.
I see you as someone not trying to tear open wounds with that shocking photo, but someone saying “Look at what I have done and world help me get better!”
I am so glad you have a support group here and together we will help you get through this.
What a great laugh! That sucks. Dump the ice and throw some towels or dirty clothes in there for the trip back. They will take a lot of beating in an ice chest but when they hit each other, that’s when you get the big problems.

Cheers!
Sam C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #40

BOTTLE HOLDER FOAM

This might be just what you need
jmattor is offline   Reply With Quote