Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Should caving take place on Fri afternoon or Sun morning?
Caving starts after lunch on Fri, 03 May. 4 80.00%
Caving starts mid morning on Sun, 05 May. 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2018, 08:00 PM   #1
tlg

Garage
East Coast Rally - Spring 2019

All,
Early stages of planning the Spring 2019 meet up. Will take place again at NRocks Outdoor Adventures in Circleville, WV.

https://www.nrocks.com.

Dates are TBD but looking at the first weekend in May (02-05 (Thurs-Sun)) right now.

Hoping to expand the adventure offerings to include: caving; a mtb shuttle to the North Fork Mountain Trail (voted 3d best mtb trail in WV); and a possible single day, guided, 4x4 trail run. Working on all of that now and will keep folks updated.

Also available will be the NRocks Via Ferrata, Canopy Tour, Top Rope Climbing, and area hiking with fantastic summit views. All of these activities are accessible from the NRocks camping area.

Intent with the activities above (minus the trail run) is to minimize the set up/tear down efforts.

Finally, will look to book a band for Sat night. Comments/recommendations welcome. Feel free to PM me.

Here's a link to trip reporting from last year's event (lots of great photos):
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ort-21541.html

Old 11-28-2018, 04:53 AM   #2

Garage
Thanks Lee.

I will try to make it. It is a two day or more drive each way these days.

For those who don't know, Lee has done a fantastic job putting these together the last couple years and everyone who attends has a great time.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:57 AM   #3

Garage
Back in capable hands, had a great time last year Lee - looking forward to a repeat! The Via Ferrata climb was exhilarating - ready to do that again.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:02 PM   #4

Thanks, Lee. We had a good time at the inaugural meet-up and were sorry we had to miss this year's.

I can say that the North Fork trail is a blast and any that are up for it should try to make it. We got lucky when we did it in that the trees were in full autumn colors which made for some spectacular views.

Karl & Shara
fw500a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:24 PM   #5

Garage
Thank you Lee for putting this together again. We had a great time last year and will definitely be there if at all possible. I will have Liam with me and hopefully my wife and pup. Shyll has passed on to a dog heaven and I miss him so much. This years Spring Meetup was his last camping trip. He was a great pup and traveled to 45 States and Canada with us....14 trips to Colorado pretty much just for him to play in the snow. Looking forward to seeing everyone and doing some MTBing....the caving sounds good also.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2628 (2).jpg   IMG_2287.jpg  
Shyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:10 PM   #6
tlg

Garage
Sorry to hear about Shyll. He was something special for sure. Had that disposition and demeanor that you wish was universal. Clearly loved by all.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:03 PM   #7

That's a bummer Shyll. Sorry to hear it for you guys. He was a great dog!

Lee, I'm looking forward to it and I'm thinking this will continue to grow. I LOVE the camping area there but is it big enough for more vans/people? I'm not sure where else we could go on their property besides perhaps the field out in front of the lodge, which is kind of exposed but plenty big. Is there an overflow area I'm not remembering?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:15 PM   #8
tlg

Garage
There's 170+ acres further east (up the gravel rd that led you to the camping area). A good portion of that is pasture. We considered using that last year but group size allowed us to use the camping area. Would look to expand up there if need be. Its a gorgeous piece of land.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:40 PM   #9

Sorry to hear about Shyll. Beautiful dog!

I look forward to the meetup. It was a spectacular area for all different types of rec activities. Thanks again to Lee for spearheading the effort!
wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg View Post
There's 170+ acres further east (up the gravel rd that led you to the camping area). A good portion of that is pasture. We considered using that last year but group size allowed us to use the camping area. Would look to expand up there if need be. Its a gorgeous piece of land.
Awesome. I'm hoping we need it!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote