Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2015, 09:08 PM   #1701
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Re: What did you do to your SMB today?

Did you sew the nylon strapping with the snaps to the screen?

CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #1702

The curtains come with a rod pocket at the top to slide a curtain rod through. It can also be hung via the multiple loops with plastic snaps that can fasten over a rod or rope without the need to thread through the rod pocket. We could have hung a single curtain sidewise and sewed it to the strap but liked the drape and increased privacy provided by sliding them over the strap.
Attached Thumbnails
Curtain Top.jpg  
JJSporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:55 PM   #1703

1) Put new shocks on the front. I had previously replaced the dead rears with Pro Comp ES9000 series shocks and liked them enough to move the fronts there. Don't love them as much on the front, but am quite happy for the money. Again: for the rear they are great.

2) Installed a new (100ah AGM) house battery. The old one was of unknown (4+ year) age and was no longer making it through the night. Picked up an Exide off of Amazon. Somehow this doesn't involve returning a core, need to drop that off somewhere...

3) I've been polishing the stock headlights, not so much because I'm cheap, but because I don't want to deal with any BS discussions with an officer (they've been looking for BS excuses at a couple events I frequent in recent years) - If it wasn't for this I'd pick up proper HID projector conversions. I got tired of polishing them every two months, so I finally sealed them with a polyurethane. I'll see how that works over time. BTW, a good polish with a good bulb goes a long way in being able to see. It's not 2010+ hid level of light, but it's not terrifyingly dangerous either. Stock UV damaged '99 lights are terrifying.

4) Finally moved my transmission cooler down a little, so it's now completely exposed to airflow. Hopefully this will get me the last ~10% that I could really use.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:40 PM   #1704

What are you using to polish your lenses? I need to do it and have seen all sorts of solutions from toothpaste to over the counter products.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:52 PM   #1705

Garage

Today!
Today, I put the retaining washers and plastic caps over the nuts that clamp Ray's Gutter Mount Fiamma awning brackets to my truck!
That's what I did today, and it's not even dark yet!
I just had to post something since there has been nothing new here for a month...
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #1706
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb

Cleaned Sporty up for the upcoming trek to SW Colorado and SE Utah...AND tightened all the interior screws I could see/reach. COULDN"T BELIEVE HOW MANY NEEDED IT!!! I'm not angry, just surprised how many needed tightening....I noticed whenI was taking out a bottom drawer to vacuum and noticed a couple screws on the carpet....of coarse, once I started looking at the rest and glad I did. (But, what do yo expect from using our SMB's to get to the places we do?!)...My wife's only thing she demands we check is the connections from house battery to inverter. As we left from a fill up at Coldfoot, AK and turned on the water heater for a hot shower up the road. We started to smell the hot electric smell but chalked it up to "new" electronics being used. We pulled into an area to boondocks and...then my wife noticed smoke...we shut everything down and started panic looking. Found that the connection AFTER the huge fuse had loosened and was arcing/heating the wire wrap AND the protective cover...so, yes, that was first, THEN the other screws after the vacuum...the BIG purchase of the day was a standard kitchen garbage can with rollers. It is tall and handles our tent (sometimes yo have to tent it) walking poles, small shovel, , and a bunch of other tall things...fits perfect in the back and has the height to support the items standing....LUCKILY, that was all Sporty needed...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1553.jpg   IMG_1554.jpg  
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:14 PM   #1707
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie
What are you using to polish your lenses? I need to do it and have seen all sorts of solutions from toothpaste to over the counter products.
You can use the 3M product,$15-20, a three stage process (two creams then polish)with a polishing bit for your drill...worked great and had enough to do cars too, but I should have or rather, wanted tried Colgate plain white toothpaste...I've heard with that, its polish-wet sand (super fine), wipe, light coat with toolpaste, let dry, polish...by the way..that's crazy about the hassle from the Po-Po...In my neck of the woods, OK, corn fields, I tend to see them look away b/c they are either jealous or they think I out-rank them...what states are you talking here? Gotta be on my 'A' game there!! Hopefully the Iowa plates throw them off!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:48 PM   #1708

I installed the bumper I built.

Video in action here:
Old 09-25-2015, 09:32 AM   #1709

Nice looking bumper!
BUFFALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:12 PM   #1710

Garage

I installed an ARB air compressor in the galley box, wired up to the house battery so the starting batteries won't draw down if the engine isn't running when I use it. The hose reaches all tires and the air bag fill valves. Airing up after deflating for gravel or sand is easy now.
dar636 is offline   Reply With Quote