Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #41

Re: Hi Lift jack and mounting

Finally mounted my Hi Lift up on the Thule bars. Not sure if I'll keep it there or not but it is out of the way & it wasn't that much of a pain getting it up there. I'll likely add a small cable lock so it doesn't get pinched.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #42

Four wheeling in a pickup, I have used a hilift to raise both rear tires off the ground when the axle or frame are on a rock or log (it inserts into the 2" receiver). Once up in the air the pickup is very unstable but it does allow you to shove the rear end over 1-3 feet onto more favorable terrain. BUT our vans are just too heavy for this kind of sport and I strongly recommend against it.

On the other hand the hilift can be inserted into the 2" receiver (or under the winch cradle) and used to take some of the weight off of the axle. If the tires are on solid ground (there is an art to this strategy) you can then use a scissors or bottle jack or (in my case) pull out your 1500# floor jack and raise one end of the axle. All of this presumes that the other 3 tires are chocked and the trans is in park.

I have the Milwaukee 18V impact wrench. It will torque up to about 120#. I use the torque wrench for getting the nuts started and torqued when done. The same set came with a reciprocating saw that I use for cutting downed trees and fire wood. Both are fairly compact and the battery charger can be hooked up to my inverter.

Home Depot carries a "lug" in the electrical department that is for a huge (>00) wire. It has a very heavy zinc plating that keeps it from rusting. The "lug" has a 5/16" bolt you can use to attach it to a flat surface. The open "jaw" is a perfect fit to cradle the hilift rail. It also has a large set screw that clamps down on the hilift rail.
SierraHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #43

Hi Lift jack and mounting

Sierrahawk, can you post a pic of this?

Thanks
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:55 AM   #44

how I did mine
DIG
dig255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:23 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig255
how I did mine
DIG
I dig it.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:11 AM   #46

Made so I can also carry my Pull Pal, not shur ladder mount can handel that much weight.
dig255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #47
Site Team

Garage

Hell Dig, it holds me. I've been talking with my buddy about moving my pul-pal to the ladder. I don't see a problem and it seems like a good spot.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote