Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #11
Site Team

Here's another option. The toilet portion itself packs VERY small. We actually have two (one for base camp, one for overnight 4x4 trips (with the Bronco), though we haven't used either one yet. You can find better prices than the one listed on this page.

http://www.thepett.com/index.php?PageLa ... &pageID=98

Haven't had my van reclassified in California as an RV yet, but will be doing so soon. I think I need to have 3 of 4 (stove/oven, water source, sleeping facilities, toilet facilities). I have 3 out of 4 permanently installed, and the 4th can either be there or not.

Herb

Old 09-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #12

I remember reading on the Badger site that Pinesol works great in the toilet. Far as I know it's all natural too.

https://sportsmobile4x4.blogspot.com/
panion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #13

porta potty

The Vista 248 porta potty arrived via ups today. It appears to be a well built little unit and came with a small container of Aquq-Kem chemical. I guess it's the bad stuff, but will use it until I fine something safer.

Philrod

waiting for a E350 V10 RB50
philrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #14

I just started using Campa-Chem Natural from Thetford in my portapotty...they claim it's formaldehyde free, non-toxic, biodegradeable liquid and environmentally safe when disposed of properly...then on the back... KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN: Contains Bromo-Nitropropane-Diol and Surfactant... not like i have a clue what that stuff is.

hopefully that stuff isn't too bad cause i'm sure not about to crawl out of my van when it's 20 out and windy to dig a hole lol Besides a lot of my fav areas require portapotty use.
jeff@work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #15

potty

Hi, I'm new to this forum and don't have a smb yet. I have camped in my minivan a couple of times and used the pett toilet that a couple of you mentioned. I liked it and plan on using it when I get my smb because it folds down to "briefcase size", it's easy to dispose of the waste with biodegradable chemicals & bags without being messy, and you only have to use it when other facilities aren't available. You do have to set up and use fresh disposal bags, but set-up is easy and you can use one disposal bag for an entire night.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #16

Toilet Chemicals

For all of you concerned , this is one of the most regulated of all industry's and virtually everything that can be purchased over the counter is at least environment friendly . as far as children are concerned all chemical's should be stored appropriately , and children should never be bathed in these product's !
greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #17
Site Team

Garage
Re: potty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney
Hi, I'm new to this forum and don't have a smb yet. I have camped in my minivan a couple of times and used the pett toilet that a couple of you mentioned. I liked it and plan on using it when I get my smb because it folds down to "briefcase size", it's easy to dispose of the waste with biodegradable chemicals & bags without being messy, and you only have to use it when other facilities aren't available. You do have to set up and use fresh disposal bags, but set-up is easy and you can use one disposal bag for an entire night.
I use a similar device that is required on overnight river canoe trips. I also use the Pett tent while boondocking. The tent also doubles as a shower. I found that the bags, such as WAG bags are not fun to pack out and I would never put the used bags inside the van. I usually double bag everything and add kitty litter to the Wag bag which helps big time. I keep a water tight river bag to hold garbage tied to the rear spare tire. Although I don't have one...
http://www.bumperdumper.com/
Dave

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:04 PM   #18

What about this "Off-Road Commode?

go to www.northerntool.com and "search" for # 33057

Angel
2006 Chalet LTW 15ft. Folding Travel Trailer 14 in. tires
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #19
Site Team

Garage
Sorry just as the bumpr dumper I just can't picture myself there. I feel better with a little cover by mother nature or use my pett tent, but it is funny looking.
Dave.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #20

We have a small porta potti that we used when we were camping in my wife's Astro Van. The Sportsmobile came with a very nice large unit. The problem is that it is a pain to shimmy in and out of the cabinet that was made for it. Also, it is too bad to give up all that cabinet space. We pulled out the small one and it fits fine between the front seats. With the cover on it, it looks like an otoman. Oclv
oclv is offline   Reply With Quote