Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
IIRC It used to be listed somewhere on this site. I can read your link though and that helps. I do have the PDF file that SMB sent me.
I have kept a site with a lot of SMB related documents, it is listed in this sticky thread. http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...nuals-116.html

or directly here.
http://sites.google.com/site/mysmbinfo/

It has a 1998, 2004 & 2008 SMB manual, as well as Starcool III Owners & Service Manual, and a Starcool Danhard Manual.

-greg

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
I'm thinking the aux condenser is always in the loop for the 12 or 110 operation but could be wrong. Is the unit damaged the one with a like 10" fan bolted to it and is located under the van behind the front driver tire? I'd think it would be easy to cut out the 110 compressor but if the other condenser is shot you might have to rip it all out. It's supposed to be about 110 degrees here today but even in the 90's I wouldn't want to rely solely on the factory air. That dog house I have is like a friggin heater.
Yep, that's the one. The shop that looked at it said it looked as though it got smashed on a rock or something.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #13

Garage
Does anyone know what model Starcool would be in a 1997? my condenser is in the very back behind my passenger rear wheel and the fan is seized up. Not even sure where to start getting it fixed or replaced as I don't even know what model is that old...
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:20 PM   #14
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
Yep, that's the one. The shop that looked at it said it looked as though it got smashed on a rock or something.
It's part of the build I had questions about. Spotter needs to pay attention when hitting a technical trail. So far so good. Hopefully they make an aftermarket part to replace it.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post
Does anyone know what model Starcool would be in a 1997? my condenser is in the very back behind my passenger rear wheel and the fan is seized up. Not even sure where to start getting it fixed or replaced as I don't even know what model is that old...
Might want to PM "BrianW". He replaced his fans a few years ago and might be able to dig up the part number(s) for you...

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ion-10309.html
Old 06-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #16

I bought this fan to replace the one in front by the radiator about 3 months ago on a Starcool III.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-1984MRG

Perfect match except the mounting hardware was different from what SMB used originally. Save that original hardware and reuse.
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #17

Starcool III issues

If you're constantly blowing fuses, one easy thing to check (and fix) is to see if the aux 12v fan motors that are being discussed are frozen. Mine were, and the resistance of the seized motors were popping the fuses and breaker.

The Mr Gasket fan that Youngster linked to is the one I bought a few years ago (replaced both fans at the same time). I remember them being a lot cheaper than $100 though. There's another thread somewhere where I posted the part number and also more details about replacing them.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
If you're constantly blowing fuses, one easy thing to check (and fix) is to see if the aux 12v fan motors that are being discussed are frozen. Mine were, and the resistance of the seized motors were popping the fuses and breaker.

The Mr Gasket fan that Youngster linked to is the one I bought a few years ago (replaced both fans at the same time). I remember them being a lot cheaper than $100 though. There's another thread somewhere where I posted the part number and also more details about replacing them.
I remember that thread and I searched for it...just to get the part number. But, I couldn't find it so I encouraged nemesisnight to PM you and make you dig through your receipts from 2013. You're welcome
Old 06-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
I did my homework:
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...-fan-8659.html
That source is no longer good. Summitracing was the only one that had it in stock with reasonable shipping.
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #20
Site Team

Garage
Yep I've had to replace a fan due to rocks lodged in the shroud. Those fan motors are available if I'm not mistaken. But the condenser itself??? kind of specialized.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote