Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2015, 11:03 AM   #21

Re: Thetford Curve not flushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie
The Curve is 17-5/8 h by 17-3/4 d by 15-1/4 wide, http://thetford.com/product/porta-potti-curve/. Not sure what you layout is but I put mine in one of the closets and pull it out when needed.
The curve is the largest of the portables, by a couple of important inches. Since I've just done a bunch of research on this subject for my current build (and I wasn't able to fit the Curve into my cabinet), I thought it might be helpful to post alternatives:

Thetford 550p
16-1/2h x 15w x 16-1/2d
Shorter/shallower than Curve, with same 5.5g waste capacity, but piston-pump flush.

Dometic 976 series
15-1/4h x 13-1/4w x 15-1/4d
A bit smaller again in all dimensions, 5 gallon capacity, Push-button Flush, and a nice handle on the front that should make it easier to pull out from a low cabinet.

I selected the Dometic since the handle will be a help for my wife and kid to pull it out, although I've built my cabinet to accommodate the 550p as well, since I've had good luck with another Thetford in the past and wanted to have a choice if the Dometic doesn't work out.

Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:17 PM   #22

What deodorant or additive do you guys use? I have the auto flush if that makes a difference.
1997 Jeep Wrangler Lifted / Locked
1997 Mercedes C230
1994 Mercedes SL500
DerPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:19 PM   #23

I just buy whatever is on sale at Camping World and pour 2 ounces into the receiving tank. Seems to work just fine. The only human waste we put into the unit is liquid.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:40 PM   #24

Thanks to larrie's explanation and PICTURES, my Curve is back in working order. Hubby helped and used a metal clamp to secure the hose. It's beyond me why the company failed to do a better job to begin with.
aceliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:45 AM   #25

Thank you Larrie!

You Sir are a first class rocket man! Brilliant description of the fix required and worked perfectly! I could not be more grateful for your post, very many thanks!
Marty1001 is offline   Reply With Quote