Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2017, 10:59 AM   #11

Responses sent! Anyone else want in? I will order a few extras - first come first served! Send me your zip for shipping quotes. Ray

Old 05-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #12

Order is in and confirmed. Thank you to everyone for getting payments in and getting back to me.

Ordered a few extras - First come and paid will get to those. Late June shipment is target. Cheers!
Old 05-22-2017, 12:47 PM   #13

For Reference in this Thread:

Install is about a lazy hour and one to two beers depending on hot it is. Can be done in less than 30 mins with a few under your belt (Installs that is!!)

Remove stock seat from the stock base (leave slides attached to the seat), and remove the base from the floor making sure to disconnect the seat sensor wires.
Decide what you want to do with the stock formed carpet, if that is what you have. I usually cut out the formed carpet just inside the foot print of the swivel floor plate and I use pieces of this cut out carpet to fill the spots which are not covered by the swivel floor plate. Carefully using a bit of hot glue with the carpet pieces can make it look nearly seamless. This approach allows the floor plate to sit flatly on the floor insulation. Secure the floor plate using the original screws and nuts.

Next is what to do with the sensor wires - I have always disassembled the pins/connectors after marking and taking a picture of the original config. I then thread the wires through the hole in the upper plate and reassemble the connector such that the wires run up and above the back end of the floor plate and on the inboard side of the swivel drum. (I have never cut and spliced the wires, perhaps someone else can chime in).

Place the seat on the top plate of the swivel, attach the seat (with slides) to the the swivel top plate using the original nuts. Reconnect the sensor wire. Make sure to protect the sensor wire where it threads through the hole in the the top plate.

Seats swivel towards the engine cover. Tilt the back all the way up, slide the seat forward a bit, release the swivel base with the lever and swivel in. There is a spot with seat slid forward that allows the seat to swivel 180 degrees. Once 180, slide the seat back and reclined the seat back. Time for the third beer!!!

Post here how it goes and if any questions. With just a little practice, the seat can be swiveled in less 10 seconds to transform the feel of your interior space! Thanks!! Ray
Old 05-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #14

Seat Base

I missed this order but would one of these bases work to add a third seat behind the passenger seat.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:46 PM   #15

Hbmarcus - these could work for placement behind the front seats. Mounting these in other locations would require drilling through the van floor and using proper backing plates and grade nuts and bolts. NOTE: The crash worthiness of the bases assumes mounting as replacement driver and front passenger seat, not in other locations.

I have some extras coming. If you want a shipping quote, please send me your zip code for a shipping quote. Thxs! Ray.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #16

Hey 1der was wondering if it was too late to join the group buy thing? I was looking and seems its a better deal than I was looking at. Sorry don't know how to pm yet. But zip is 89147. Would like passenger side.
MistaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #17

Hi MistaLee - For Private Messages: Under Quick Links there is a Private Messages link. Good place to start.

Shipping to your location is $24 for the one Passenger Base. email me at searay230@gmail.com if you have any problems with PM. thxs!
Old 06-05-2017, 10:10 PM   #18

Any chance there's still a passenger and driver's swivel left? Sent you a PM and email
Thanks
docx98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:37 PM   #19

Me too.... Passenger side - Newbie.... missing the boat??!
CactusJackSlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #20

Interested if pass. seat base still available? Getting set of the z-brackets too.
Bcushman is offline   Reply With Quote