Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2019, 01:40 PM   #21
Gone Traveling

Did you fix this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
These are dual systems with one for heating the van and the other for heating the water. Both have a separate control module. Thanks Ray for your offer and I may take you up on that. It's been pouring all freaking day and thus, I have not been under the van.

I am going to head down to OX tomorrow and see other vans and how they are set up and how they get the water to run. Something has to be blocked off but not sure what.

After OX, it's off to Denver to pick up a new ADV bike. 1200GS. Fun.
Mine has been having the same problem and i have pulled all connections and blown through all also the flat plate and the fan system, tested coolant pump, drained refilled 4 times, ran on furnace and electric and cannot get hot water. Driving me crazy!🤪
Help!

HatchetMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #22

Turned out there was a stuck check valve somewhere and SMB West replaced it when I took it to them for some service. Can't tell you where the check valve is/was though. Shame on me for not finding out and learning more.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:30 PM   #23
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
Turned out there was a stuck check valve somewhere and SMB West replaced it when I took it to them for some service. Can't tell you where the check valve is/was though. Shame on me for not finding out and learning more.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I dont see any check valves anywhere here. Just got off the phone with Jim Rixen asked if they had any at the bottom of the expansion tank. A. No.
But did say the coolant pump should have been installed right next to the out line of the tank. That way if air gets trapped it can make its way back out to the tank very easily. Im pretty sure there is an air block between these components.
HatchetMatt is offline   Reply With Quote