Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #71

Re: Sportsmobile posts photo of 2011 Nissan Conversion

Welcome Warehouse!

Glad to see you post up here. Being part of the 4wd crowd, I actually think the Nissan could look pretty good (now I'll get flogged) with a quality 4wd system under it and some bolt on goodies (bumpers, etc.). A couple things I like about the Nissan platform are that 1) it has a hood that actually provides access the engine and 2) reliability should be better than Ford so you don't need to access the engine as often.

Along with the others here, would like to see some more photos.

Phil

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #72

Yes, interested in more Nissan SB Impressions. Roadtrek is doing a nearly identical conversion on the N6 for about the same price. I recently sold my '04 4x4 SB and had a '97 Eurovan before that. Currently vanless, I'm looking for something in the middle. There is also a company in Oregon called Outsidevan.com that claims to be able to mod any van you give them.
Hinkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmcintire
I agree that the low top looks better than the high top. That high top is the Snoopy-head looking thing.
Hi;

I had the chance to park my daily ride (96 RB Dodge 2500 conversion van) next to a high top Nissan at the gas pump the other day. It is parked slightly downhill from the new Nissan but this may help size perspective.

Where else would I meet up with one of these things but at a gas station...

Click on the thumbnails below for a bigger picture. Check out my gallery for larger views.

The Dodge front end is much sexier.

Regards,

Gavin
Old 10-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpvi
Welcome Warehouse!

Glad to see you post up here. Being part of the 4wd crowd, I actually think the Nissan could look pretty good (now I'll get flogged) with a quality 4wd system under it and some bolt on goodies (bumpers, etc.). A couple things I like about the Nissan platform are that 1) it has a hood that actually provides access the engine and 2) reliability should be better than Ford so you don't need to access the engine as often.

Along with the others here, would like to see some more photos.

Phil
Exactly; I could never get used to having so much of the engine inside the van. The Nissan is really a hybrid between an SUV and a van...sort of like a Suburban with a sliding side door.
Hinkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #75

At Pomona last Saturday Penthouse looks good on anything. sorry didn't get other side.I got side tracked (where's da ball?)
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote