Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2017, 10:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badback12 View Post
Have you checked out Weldtec Designs or Agile? Both have great options for a 2inch lift. I spent so much time reading everyone's, and I do mean every single build thread while I was recovering from a spinal fusion. I couldn't even ride as a passenger in my 2013 E150 XLT. I felt every single crack, dip, and expansion joint. I looked and sounded like I had turrets. My wife wanted to sell it. I finally chose to go with a 4 inch lift from Weldtec Designs. Jeremy at Weldtec was great to do business with. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of spending that kind of money with no guarantee Id even be able to ride in it! But in the end I couldn't be happier with my choice! It's smoother over bumps than my Lexus LS430! Honestly, don't go the cheapest route because you'll regret it.
Well said. No reason to hack something together with off the shelf parts when smart people have figured out great solutions that are proven to work great.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:21 PM   #12

Garage
If I ever want a complete set of springs for the rear, I'll look closely at WeldTec, Agile, and Deaver. In the meantime, I'm really happy with what I have. I started with the existing springs, which were saggy. Oregon Auto Spring, in Portland, (oregonautospring.com) removed and replaced two of the leaves, re-arched the two that were left, and added one more completely new leaf.

I let them know exactly how high I wanted the van to be--and that I wanted it to be level, side to side, despite the fact that the driver's side carries more weight. They hit it right on the money, and I am totally happy with the ride.
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badback12 View Post
Have you checked out Weldtec Designs or Agile? Both have great options for a 2inch lift. I spent so much time reading everyone's, and I do mean every single build thread while I was recovering from a spinal fusion. I couldn't even ride as a passenger in my 2013 E150 XLT. I felt every single crack, dip, and expansion joint. I looked and sounded like I had turrets. My wife wanted to sell it. I finally chose to go with a 4 inch lift from Weldtec Designs. Jeremy at Weldtec was great to do business with. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of spending that kind of money with no guarantee Id even be able to ride in it! But in the end I couldn't be happier with my choice! It's smoother over bumps than my Lexus LS430! Honestly, don't go the cheapest route because you'll regret it.
I couldn't find a 2 inch option on the Weldtec site.
Squirrel_murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:59 AM   #14

Call Jeremy at Weldtec. Tell him what you have and what you want. He will put a package together for you. Just keep in mind he hands on in the shop and answers the phone. If you get his voicemail leave a message. It may take him a day to get back to you. When he calls back he'll take all the time you need to answer every single question you have. We talked several times before I placed my order.
Badback12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider View Post
If I ever want a complete set of springs for the rear, I'll look closely at WeldTec, Agile, and Deaver. In the meantime, I'm really happy with what I have. I started with the existing springs, which were saggy. Oregon Auto Spring, in Portland, (oregonautospring.com) removed and replaced two of the leaves, re-arched the two that were left, and added one more completely new leaf.

I let them know exactly how high I wanted the van to be--and that I wanted it to be level, side to side, despite the fact that the driver's side carries more weight. They hit it right on the money, and I am totally happy with the ride.
How much did you pay and how long was your van down?
Old 07-28-2017, 01:19 PM   #16

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_murphy View Post
How much did you pay and how long was your van down?
It was in the shop overnight. Cost was somewhere in the $700 range, I believe.

The key to getting what I wanted was this:
I had my van over at Quadvan--John did my 4x4 conversion. With the van on a perfectly level floor, and with it loaded down with the weight it would carry on a normal trip, we jacked the rear of the van up until the body height was exactly where I wanted it to be, at rest. (The front was great the way it was, so it was just the rear we were dealing with.)

We then measured the height of the van from the floor to the pinch rail, right in front of the rear wheel. That's the measurement that we gave to Oregon Spring.

When they gave me back my van, it was within a quarter inch of spec, on both sides. That's pretty darn good.

BTW, Oregon Spring is the local manufacturer for Deaver, if you feel like going all-out.
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider View Post
It was in the shop overnight. Cost was somewhere in the $700 range, I believe.

The key to getting what I wanted was this:
I had my van over at Quadvan--John did my 4x4 conversion. With the van on a perfectly level floor, and with it loaded down with the weight it would carry on a normal trip, we jacked the rear of the van up until the body height was exactly where I wanted it to be, at rest. (The front was great the way it was, so it was just the rear we were dealing with.)

We then measured the height of the van from the floor to the pinch rail, right in front of the rear wheel. That's the measurement that we gave to Oregon Spring.

When they gave me back my van, it was within a quarter inch of spec, on both sides. That's pretty darn good.

BTW, Oregon Spring is the local manufacturer for Deaver, if you feel like going all-out.
I'm thinking of installing some Moog coils then take it to Oregon Spring and have them level out the rear
Old 07-28-2017, 03:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_murphy View Post
I'm thinking of installing some Moog coils then take it to Oregon Spring and have them level out the rear
That's a solid plan... but I would also try and get some shocks from Agile or Weldtec to fit your application.

It'll be great then.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote